What is the best production cues you like most?

Best Production Cue You Like Most?

• Total voters

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I keep coming back to my old McDermott D-19 I bought before I could even drive. I keep wanting to love some other brands. I play with a Lucasi as well...that's the one that comes out when I'm playing at the bar, but I just love the feel of the McDermott. I'm always a little surprised that they never really get much love, especially with pros.

I also have a D4 with linen wrap, but it has a cracked joint collar. I'm going to see if I can get them to fix it under warranty...we'll see how good it really is!

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
For a cue with a stainless steel joint 5/16-14 piloted, Schon is far and away the best.
Many of the others mentioned play real good, but I've had some quality issues that you rarely have with a Schon cue.
If you prefer a wood-to-wood flat face joint 3/8-10 pin, OB is very hard to beat.

Willieboy

Registered
My cue is a Titleist conversion. It is almost fifty years old and I still use the original, standard maple shafts. I may try a new cue one of these days, but for now this one fits like old slippers.

Lou Bones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a lot of really good production cues out there. I am happy with my McDermott cue. In my opinion, McDermott makes good quality products that start at a very reasonable price point, and they're made here in the US. I am also completely happy with my OB shaft. OB makes exceptional cues and shafts as well. I can't imagine a production shaft I'd like better than an OB.

gardener28

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a lot of really good production cues out there. I am happy with my McDermott cue. In my opinion, McDermott makes good quality products that start at a very reasonable price point, and they're made here in the US. I am also completely happy with my OB shaft. OB makes exceptional cues and shafts as well. I can't imagine a production shaft I'd like better than an OB.

I get the exact same feeling as you.:grin:
A McDermott cue with a OB shaft.
Best combination imho.

beerpressure

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the look of the wrapless mezz ec7 cues. Might make this my first cue that costs over $100.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

MalibuMike

Banned
I would have to say Schon, but as far as playing shafts.. I have tried them ALL!!!!!!

Can't believe Very few are raving about Tiger shafts!
I have a Tiger Pro-X that has been blowing away all the competition,Jacoby, Mezz, OB and Predator are not even in the running anymore!
I know have a 30" Tiger Pro-X Carom Shaft for my shooting cue, it has almost the same dimentions as the regular Pro-X but with a 12.5mm tip! And same conical taper! Even less deflection if that is possible.
Everyone writes mr off as a "shive" or something for Tiger, not true! I play with schon cues and please look at every shaft I have played with! The Tiger Shafts are light years above the rest! And they are not hollow or cored! Like OB,Mezz, Predator Etc. They are all wood laminated in a way that gives you almost zero squirt! OB has even tried to duplicate this with their "Plus" line but it falls way short of the mark, The Only shaft that comes even close is Bob Danielson's SS360/2,it is slightly cored but you would swear it is solid.

The Best and the Rest!
I keep going back to the Tiger Pro-X!
And this new Pro-X Carom 30" is like a Pro-X super-charged!

Attachments

• 20160203_172142.jpg
    20160203_172142.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,258
  • 20160203_172224.jpg
    20160203_172224.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,344
  • 1507555_10152043111693463_1886626342_n.jpg
    1507555_10152043111693463_1886626342_n.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,249
  • 1544572_10152043123833463_558015922_n.jpg
    1544572_10152043123833463_558015922_n.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,242
  • 1381592_10151811178073463_1159437480_n.jpg
    1381592_10151811178073463_1159437480_n.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,328

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a survey what production cues you love most.

This will include custom cues which produce production cues as well.

with this survey, newbies and those who are looking for a good cues will get an idea which brand they will buy.

Please include also your reviews after you vote

Mezz, Pechauer, Schon, Jacoby, Predator. In no particular order. I think Pechauer threads some of, if not all of their components, from what I understand.
j2

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a survey what production cues you love most.

This will include custom cues which produce production cues as well.

with this survey, newbies and those who are looking for a good cues will get an idea which brand they will buy.

Please include also your reviews after you vote

Thanks for this poll

whatevrdoumean

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'am digging my new Jacoby Hustler with the 5/16x14 steel collar joint. Hits stiff but not as much as my Schon. Using the stock shaft. After much time and money trying most of the LD shafts I just prefer and play better with a reg maple shaft. Michael

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The poll is flawed........

When I see a poll asking "which production cue do you like best?"............well, I expect you to choose "one" and give a brief reason as to why as for cost, specs...etc....and then move on.

What flaws polls such as this is that you have people to choose not just one but two or even three and then the ratios between brands are out of whack........thus.......flawed!

I do not know if they do it on purpose as to confuse the uneducated buyer or out of stupidity by thinking........hmmmm, I like this one and that one.......I think I will choose both.....lol.

Anyways, if there is a way to limit each person to just one choice that is the way to go. That way you do not have certain people making several choices that skew the outcome.

Good try though.

TheRake

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I see a poll asking "which production cue do you like best?"............well, I expect you to choose "one" and give a brief reason as to why as for cost, specs...etc....and then move on.

What flaws polls such as this is that you have people to choose not just one but two or even three and then the ratios between brands are out of whack........thus.......flawed!

I do not know if they do it on purpose as to confuse the uneducated buyer or out of stupidity by thinking........hmmmm, I like this one and that one.......I think I will choose both.....lol.

Anyways, if there is a way to limit each person to just one choice that is the way to go. That way you do not have certain people making several choices that skew the outcome.

Good try though.

TheRake

Poll will not decide urself to buy it. But it will help you to see why many like it. its flawed for you but it helps many people if they want to try. This is not also for education, a poll give you a survey YET IN THE END, YOU WILL DECIDE YOUR OWN. ur just a super negative person here. LOL

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I think it's really interesting that Mezz has the numbers it does, considering how widespread Schon cues are. I have to think that Schon ownership is much more common. I'd never even heard of Mezz before coming here.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poll will not decide urself to buy it. But it will help you to see why many like it. its flawed for you but it helps many people if they want to try. This is not also for education, a poll give you a survey YET IN THE END, YOU WILL DECIDE YOUR OWN. ur just a super negative person here. LOL

Negative? Nope, not in the least. I am however very OCD about things such as this.

If someone ask me what "cue" I like best I will say I like brand "x" for this and that reason.

Now, if someone ask me what are you favorite "cues".......well, I will then list brand "x" and then brand "y" and then brand "o" and give reasons.

Your correct. I would never buy a cue based on some poll but I have a feeling that someone has in the past and probably will in the future buy a cue due to it being the most popular brand among the majority of players. That is not a totally bad thing since the most popular brand is most likely a good cue in general. After all, brand "x" is the most popular for a reason. But some will never know since brand "x", "y" and "o" was chosen by the same players........

Lol.....anyways.......I may be over thinking as usual.

Have a great day.......
TheRake

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Tiger shafts are the best!

Can't believe Very few are raving about Tiger shafts!
I have a Tiger Pro-X that has been blowing away all the competition,Jacoby, Mezz, OB and Predator are not even in the running anymore!
I know have a 30" Tiger Pro-X Carom Shaft for my shooting cue, it has almost the same dimentions as the regular Pro-X but with a 12.5mm tip! And same conical taper! Even less deflection if that is possible.
Everyone writes mr off as a "shive" or something for Tiger, not true! I play with schon cues and please look at every shaft I have played with! The Tiger Shafts are light years above the rest! And they are not hollow or cored! Like OB,Mezz, Predator Etc. They are all wood laminated in a way that gives you almost zero squirt! OB has even tried to duplicate this with their "Plus" line but it falls way short of the mark, The Only shaft that comes even close is Bob Danielson's SS360/2,it is slightly cored but you would swear it is solid.

The Best and the Rest!
I keep going back to the Tiger Pro-X!
And this new Pro-X Carom 30" is like a Pro-X super-charged!

Tiger shafts are the best! Going on 15 years now with Tiger! IceBreaker is the best break shaft ever made too! Light years ahead of everyone else!

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Miki (Mezz) cues

I think it's really interesting that Mezz has the numbers it does, considering how widespread Schon cues are. I have to think that Schon ownership is much more common. I'd never even heard of Mezz before coming here.

Yuri Miki, owner of Mezz, also co-owned Adam cues with Richard Helmsttter.
Here's a list of cues he's made: Adam, Helmstetter, Stambolini, Mali, Brunswick, Buffalo, Longoni, Riley, and Mezz.
He's been around a very long time (1960), and has made more cues than anyone else I can think of!!