Playing pool seems like an eternity ago....

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does it feel like a long time ago? Is this what happens when you don't see a fellow player for a year and they walk into the pool hall that day? It feels like forever and holding and shooting a cue is foreign to me.

Who is over pool or still itching to play?

Greg M

I still haven't gotten a chance to try out my custom cue yet that I received back in July, and I doubt that'll be the case for some time. Last night in Ireland, we recorded our highest COVID case figure. Things are getting pretty worrying.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Haven't been in a poolroom since early March.
Having an inkling of what was coming I started looking for a table.
Found a GCIII about a hundred miles away.
Have a pool playing friend and competitor that has had a table business for years.
He picked it up and installed it for me.
Play everyday.
Miss the poolroom atmosphere, competition, tournaments, and people.

Last edited:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Does it feel like a long time ago? Is this what happens when you don't see a fellow player for a year and they walk into the pool hall that day? It feels like forever and holding and shooting a cue is foreign to me.

Our leagues never stopped. I practice every day at home and play leagues in the bars twice a week. We only stopped for one week because the guys that ran the league had a spouse with COVID. None of us wear masks and we are getting along just fine. One guy on each of my teams got COVID and each only needed to take 1 week off and they only had very mild symptoms. Moral of the story, you CAN continue life like normal, if you want to.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our leagues never stopped. I practice every day at home and play leagues in the bars twice a week. We only stopped for one week because the guys that ran the league had a spouse with COVID. None of us wear masks and we are getting along just fine. One guy on each of my teams got COVID and each only needed to take 1 week off and they only had very mild symptoms. Moral of the story, you CAN continue life like normal, if you want to.
I understand as someone that had the virus and I showed little symptoms but I quarantined because I didn't want to be that guy that was a super spreader.

I'm still cautious but again....live your life as you feel necessary.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haven't been in a poolroom since early March.
Having an inkling of what was coming I started looking for a table.
Found a GCIII about a hundred miles away.
Have a pool playing friend and competitor that has had a table business for years.
He picked it up and installed it for me.
Play everyday.
Miss the poolroom atmosphere, competition, tournaments, and people.
Good to hear Philly.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All this talk about spending more time at home and stop playing pool is really happening. Not sure if it will be the same when or if I go back to the pool rooms. During this pandemic I found out there is more than life than playing pool.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
All this talk about spending more time at home and stop playing pool is really happening. Not sure if it will be the same when or if I go back to the pool rooms. During this pandemic I found out there is more than life than playing pool.
It's only you talking about it

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's only you talking about it
Without sounding rude but you are probably retired, kids are all grown up and out of the house, your wife doesn't want to see you or you don't want to go home.....would be the only reason why you spend time at a pool room. I am young and no kids so I did play a lot of pool but I know I need to stop.

I've seen it too often where men are playing pool everyday till close while they have a family at home. They just don't want to be home.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Daily routine for months: assemble, stroke, disassemble. About two months ago, wife asked "Would a pool table fit in our living room/den?" Don't know if I was dreaming then or when I measured and discovered we could handle a 9 footer. The hunt began . . .

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Daily routine for months: assemble, stroke, disassemble. About two months ago, wife asked "Would a pool table fit in our living room/den?" Don't know if I was dreaming then or when I measured and discovered we could handle a 9 footer. The hunt began . . .
If she is willing then go for it.
You will not regret getting it.
Tables are out there.
What's wrong with playing pool when you feel like it?

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.

I played a race to 9 9 ball with my nephew last night. It was in the basement, but still. Before that it was a few months ago before covid started getting a bit hotter in my area.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play every time I get to Florida, Ohio, Texas, and Idaho. Also played at Shooters in Olathe.