Meucci Carbon Pro and Budget Billiards Issues?

tcampanis

I recently purchased a Meucci Carbon Pro 30" with a 12.25 mm shaft. I had custom ring work done to match my Meucci Natural Diamond cue. Upon receiving the CF shaft from Budget Billiards, I measured it and the diameter was 12.00mm. I have have high-end Mitutoyo calipers that I know are accurate. The ring work and tip install is beautiful. But I'm very disappointed that they gave me a shaft that is .25 mm smaller than what I ordered. It's a game of mm and .25 is a big difference when you're down on the cue ball.
I spoke to Darren at Meucci and he told me that they did indeed send me a 12mm after I told him that it measured out to .4710" He told me to reach out to Budget Billiards and see about the return. I'm afraid that they won't return it because of the custom ring work but when you're paying $470.00 you would expect them to maintain a tight standard and margin of error for cue diameter. They're cue makers...mm should look like miles to them.
Do any of you have experience with Budget Billiards and know what I'm up against?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Right $400.00 plus is not chicken feed.

Have you spoke with Budget Billiards about problem?

WHAT WAS REPLY?

tcampanis

Right $400.00 plus is not chicken feed.

Have you spoke with Budget Billiards about problem?

WHAT WAS REPLY?
I am still waiting to hear back. I will post there response and how it is resolved so that other people can use it to make a decision on whether to purchase from them or not.

xX-Wizard-Xx

I am still waiting to hear back. I will post there response and how it is resolved so that other people can use it to make a decision on whether to purchase from them or not.
OMG!! .. i have been trying to get my cue back from Meucci for like 17 months now. i ordered 2 shafts and nobody ever calls me back. i have been calling now once a month. i am getting ready to just tell them to mail it back to me.... if it is possible.

tcampanis

OMG!! .. i have been trying to get my cue back from Meucci for like 17 months now. i ordered 2 shafts and nobody ever calls me back. i have been calling now once a month. i am getting ready to just tell them to mail it back to me.... if it is possible.
They do have something on their website about cues they have completed and for people to call who have had their cue being repaired for longer than four months. They said they need new mailing address. Perhaps they lost them. Go look at the front page of their website.

xX-Wizard-Xx

They do have something on their website about cues they have completed and for people to call who have had their cue being repaired for longer than four months. They said they need new mailing address. Perhaps they lost them. Go look at the front page of their website.
Do you have a link to that.

tcampanis

Do you have a link to that.
look at the scrolling text on the top of the home page.

tcampanis

Response from Budget Billiards:

"Be sure to check below the ferrule. Usually the ferrules are slightly larger than the carbon.

The Carbon shafts have been a little unreliable, but they might have mistakenly switched the tubes and sent a 11.9. They have been having trouble getting both wood and carbon. I have sent you a return label.

Thanks
"

My Response:

"Thank you for your quick reply. it is reading .4710" which is definitely 11.9mm. I spoke with Darren at Meucci and he said they most likely accidentally sent an 11.9mm and that they have been a little unreliable.
I understand that you have trouble with carbons on your end.
My order number is #2105
Specs: 30" shaft with a diameter of 12.25mm. I'd like it to measure at the ferrule 12.25 +/- .05 and tiger sniper tip install.
I'd like the Natural Diamond ringwork with the shimmering paint behind the logo. I'm so impressed with the inlay work and would like it to look just like that.
I've attached two photos of my cue purchased and the preferred ring work for reference. This is how I'd like the inlay and paint.
Please call me at 615..... or email me if you have any questions, want to ask me about a diameter before you begin the work, or if something is ambiguous. I will be available to help get it correct.
Looking forward to leaving a great review and referring other players to you. Many people come to me for equipment questions and my online billiard product reviews.
Again, please call or email if you have any questions.

I do not see return label below."

phreaticus

Sorry to be a bit of a Debbie Downer, but you’ve been ingested into the sucking vortex of Meucci & Budget Billiards customer service. In case some don’t realize it, its basically all one big family business, literally colocated in the same physical building. When Darren & Julia bounce you back & forth on email & voicemails, they are passing each other in the hallwwy between smoke breaks. There are many negative feedback Meucci threads around here, here is one where I describe my nightmare trying to get a custom CF pro out of them; quality control issues, order form issues, comms issues, policy issues, shipping issues, you couldn’t make up a worse story. Push for a refund & move on is my advice - but unfortunately you may find that easier said then done. Good luck.

Last edited:

xX-Wizard-Xx

Sorry to be a bit if a Debbie Downer, but you’ve been ingested into the sucking vortex of Meucci & Budget Billiards customer service. In case some ron’t realize it, its all one big family business, literally colocated in the seme phydical building. when Darren & Julia bounce you back & forth on email & voicemails, I think they are passing each other in the hallwwy between smoke breaks. There are many threads around here, here is one where I describe my nightmare trying to get a custom CF pro out of them. Good luck,
yeah i sent them a cue and it wont happen again.

tcampanis

Sorry to be a bit if a Debbie Downer, but you’ve been ingested into the sucking vortex of Meucci & Budget Billiards customer service. In case some ron’t realize it, its all one big family business, literally colocated in the seme phydical building. when Darren & Julia bounce you back & forth on email & voicemails, I think they are passing each other in the hallwwy between smoke breaks. There are many threads around here, here is one where I describe my nightmare trying to get a custom CF pro out of them. Good luck,
Yes, Included the email above. I talked to him on the phone and he said that it's harder to get the consistency with the Carbon Fiber shafts. I called Seyberts Billiards and they told me that the Meucci Carbon Fiber's fluctuate in diameter more that other Carbon Fiber's like a Revo. He said the 12.25mm have been measured at 12.00-12.35mm. Mine measures 12.00 at the ferrule but about 12.25 an inch and a half down.
What do you think I should do? do you think I should return it and try to get a ferrule that measures 12.25 +/-.05 or am I wasting my time?
I spoke to Darren and he said that he would get me taken care of but that the Carbon Fiber blanks have been a little unreliable.

phreaticus

Yes, Included the email above. I talked to him on the phone and he said that it's harder to get the consistency with the Carbon Fiber shafts. I called Seyberts Billiards and they told me that the Meucci Carbon Fiber's fluctuate in diameter more that other Carbon Fiber's like a Revo. He said the 12.25mm have been measured at 12.00-12.35mm. Mine measures 12.00 at the ferrule but about 12.25 an inch and a half down.
What do you think I should do? do you think I should return it and try to get a ferrule that measures 12.25 +/-.05 or am I wasting my time?
I spoke to Darren and he said that he would get me taken care of but that the Carbon Fiber blanks have been a little unreliable.
I think unless you enjoy pissing away time/energy & lots of extra gray hair - you should ignore anything they tell you & just try to get a refund. When (not if) they needle you on that, hopefully you have a good relationship with your credit card company - simply dispute the charge & let them wrestle with it.

It’s frustrating since the Meucci CF is a good playing shaft, but its such a nightmare dealing with them, I just aborted. whole reason for CF shaft in the first place is consistency, as a reference I now have 3 Cutech Cynergy’s - all identical, perfect & arrive in 2 weeks. Custom eye candy rings etc just isn’t worth it. In my case I couldn’t get a proper fitting 3/8-10 modified thread out of them.

Last edited: