TOM WIRTH

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
TOM WITH is the author of "one pocket- a game of controlled aggression"
is offering virtual one pocket lessons.(See his post below about it)
i took a lesson with him and we also worked on fundamentals in addition to various one pocket situations
he provided a link for a video conference and i was able to put my phone in a tripod so he could view me on my table
i learned alot .
his prices were very fair and i definitely got more than what i paid for.
i plan to continue working with tom
i highly recommend tom wirth as an instructor

This is new! if you happen to have a table in your home, you can get virtual One Pocket lessons from me at a discounted rate! The comfort of your own home and table! No covid issues! No travel expenses!

There's no reason you can't take advantage of these virtual lessons. Try it once and see if it's right for you.
Special deals for signing up for a series of 6 two hour lessons.

Contact me at trwirth369@gmail.com for details

Cheers,

Tom

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I played with Tom today...... found a dead shot and went 8nout. Between in-person and virtual it's impossible not to learn from him. The "virtual's" are a real plus. It felt great using the skills I learned from Virtual...some shots came up.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
just read and spend time on a table .... what else do you need
For me.... I need to know what to practice. What to look for..how to execute. I need to know the strategy, when to, when not to. How to play aggressive against the stronger and less aggressive against the weaker players ..let them make the errors. As for virtual...worked on drills, banking, kicking. I cannot learn pool on my own... I need an instructor...and yes spend time, read, watch matches. Some learn on their own. I'm not one of them. And thank you bbb for the X time for steering me to Tom. I'm having the best time of my pool life.

Last edited:

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TOM WITH is the author of "one pocket- a game of controlled aggression"
is offering virtual one pocket lessons.(See his post below about it)
i took a lesson with him and we also worked on fundamentals in addition to various one pocket situations
he provided a link for a video conference and i was able to put my phone in a tripod so he could view me on my table
i learned alot .
his prices were very fair and i definitely got more than what i paid for.
i plan to continue working with tom
i highly recommend tom wirth as an instructor

This is new! if you happen to have a table in your home, you can get virtual One Pocket lessons from me at a discounted rate! The comfort of your own home and table! No covid issues! No travel expenses!

There's no reason you can't take advantage of these virtual lessons. Try it once and see if it's right for you.
Special deals for signing up for a series of 6 two hour lessons.

Contact me at trwirth369@gmail.com for details

Cheers,

Tom
He lives about three hours from me. One of these days I just need to go, spend some time with him, and actually learn how to play that stupid game!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He lives about three hours from me. One of these days I just need to go, spend some time with him, and actually learn how to play that stupid game!
Good move. Tom is awesome. A professional. A teacher not a huckster. He’s easy to understand. Knows how to evaluate and get you started and keep you going. You’ll be comfortable not intimidated with Tom. 1p is a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy it… you most likely will.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Toam V-10 from Finland, sort of joke.
Give me some cheap shit Master's and I have an alibi. Anyway I use a flex arm with an iPhone for virtual. I think we used Zoom and Gmail.

Attachments

• A875EF97-1575-4ABE-891C-7ED380B0C16F.jpeg
    A875EF97-1575-4ABE-891C-7ED380B0C16F.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

xX-Wizard-Xx

Absolutely. He covers a lot of important aspects.
in all honesty though .... if you are a good payer (nine ball straight pool ect) and you start playing one pocket against good players .... you should pickup on the strategy fairly quickly ... not sure you would need the books or DVDs.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For me.... I need to know what to practice. What to look for..how to execute. I need to know the strategy, when to, when not to. How to play aggressive against the stronger and less aggressive against the weaker players ..let them make the errors. As for virtual...worked on drills, banking, kicking. I cannot learn pool on my own... I need an instructor...and yes spend time, read, watch matches. Some learn on their own. I'm not one of them. And thank you bbb for the X time for steering me to Tom. I'm having the best time of my pool life.
in all honesty though .... if you are a good payer (nine ball straight pool ect) and you start playing one pocket against good players .... you should pickup on the strategy fairly quickly ... not sure you would need the books or DVDs.
Tom is not for everyone. This thread is not for everyone. It’s for those that need professional help/instruction at home. This is bbb’s review (and mine) of TRW’s virtual lessons.
I don’t have stronger players to work with. I match up with a few of Toms students (and Tom). But I have to ask why do you post here. Your point is obvious and not really constructive for the subject. The topic is Instructors Reviews.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i respectfully disagree
yes you will pay for your lessons that way
but its not likely your opponent is going to
1)tell you why they shot what they did
2)show /explain how to hit a shot
3)explain whats the right shot when you are standing there scratching your head ....what do i do now?
since you dont know what you dont know
4) also the books and dvds are references you can go back to to review
5)the virtual lessons are golden because you get tom's knowledge and experience guiding you
speaking for myself
as an example
in my last virtual lesson
i learned some very insightfull knowledge in approaching what to do after the break
there were 2 shots i thought were reasonable
tom explained why one of them was far superior for reasons looking at how the game would evolve not just the results of that shot
i dont think you would get that by just playing better players
jmho

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i respectfully disagree
3)explain whats the right shot when you are standing there scratching your head ....what do i do now?
5)the virtual lessons are golden because you get tom's knowledge and experience guiding you
jmho
To add.... Tom pulls hats out of rabbits. He finds shots/creates shots. Teaches the player to think their way through situations. Goes through the early, mid, end game stages. He works with all levels. There is a reason hi level players have Tom have work with them.

xX-Wizard-Xx

o
i respectfully disagree
speaking for myself
as an example
in my last virtual lesson
i learned some very insightfull knowledge in approaching what to do after the break
there were 2 shots i thought were reasonable
tom explained why one of them was far superior for reasons looking at how the game would evolve not just the results of that shot
i dont think you would get that by just playing better players
jmho
ok.. goodluck

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
SOS… What is your 1p level. Your strong and weak points. Can you go 8nOut consistently or on occasion. Are you an informal player, tournament or money player? Please rate yourself.
To the other readers…Once again this thread is an Instructor Review thread not opinions on how to or not learn 1p.