Old Viking Cues.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rosewood full.JPG
Rosewood butt sleeve.JPG
Rosewood forearm.JPG

Here are mine, the one on the far left is an old Brunswick, the rest are vikings

Attachments

• IMG_1776.JPG
    IMG_1776.JPG
    232 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1773.JPG
    IMG_1773.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 255

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Awesome! I was hoping someone would post some pics. speaking of which here is a Deluxe Champion cue With very unusual super joint joint protectors.
1972 dc forearm 2.JPG
1972 DC forearm.JPG
1972 dc full.JPG
1 1972 Deluxe Champion  joint.JPG

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool Pool cues. I’ve been unable to identify the model and year on my Viking. Unable to open the Viking archives has been my biggest dilemma. Any help would be greatly appreciated

IMG_2872.jpeg

IMG_2874.jpeg
IMG_2875.jpeg
IMG_2876.jpeg

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's a sweet one! I would say it is an early 80's cue? probably a Z180, I really like like it. It may be earlier than that. 70's even.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
"My friend, who gave me the pool cue, bought it in the early 70s while in college. Did Viking use the super joint in the 80s?"

They offered it yes, They are not all the same by the way and they are out of the old stock they had to make replacement shafts. (Bummer) The more I look at it yours is an early 70's. They ran out of the binders cloth that is in the window of your cue in the early 70's then they went with the metal band until discontinuing the window cues altogether in the 80's. Great cue!

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"My friend, who gave me the pool cue, bought it in the early 70s while in college. Did Viking use the super joint in the 80s?"

They offered it yes, They are not all the same by the way and they are out of the old stock they had to make replacement shafts. (Bummer) The more I look at it yours is an early 70's. They ran out of the binders cloth that is in the window of your cue in the early 70's then they went with the metal band until discontinuing the window cues altogether in the 80's. Great cue!
Thanks for the info. I still do not have any idea what model it is. I hope someone might be able to help me with that.

Cheers

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A Viking was one of my first custom cues. I have always liked their cues. You guys have shared some great cues.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like your cue, I had a green one quite a while ago. I like light cues and that one was a 16 oz. That's hard to find. I wish I had hung on to it and a thousand others I can think of, Lol. Here is a rather lovely old Champion cue with a Palmer forearm. Enjoy
Champion full.JPG
champion butt sleeve.JPG
champion forearm.JPG
e share one more it is a very early Champion cue. I hope you enjoy it.
Champion full.JPG
champion butt sleeve.JPG
champion forearm.JPG

Last edited: