Recent content by Eric M.

  1. E

    Anyone know what this rack would be for?

    2 1/4" or larger? Were they racked in a diamond formation?
  2. E

    Anyone know what this rack would be for?

    That may be it. There is probably enough room to fit cardboard around each ball for protection during shipping. Kind of expensive piece of wood for packaging, with the curves, but labor was cheap back then.
  3. E

    Anyone know what this rack would be for?

    Not really a very good fit of 16 - 2 1/4" balls. I had to push from the top and bottom and still I couldn't get full contact with all the balls. I don't have enough 2 1/2" balls to try a fit with those. Maybe it's for something besides billiards? This guy was a hoarder. The sellers tried to...
  4. E

    Anyone know what this rack would be for?

    I was thinking the same thing. The table did come with 1 white 2 1/2" ball. But what game is played with that many carom (or 2 1/2") balls using a diamond rack?
  5. E

    Anyone know what this rack would be for?

    Diamond like a 9 ball rack but larger. That's a 9 ball rack inside of it. It holds 16 - 2 1/4" balls kind of, not tight. I got this from an estate as part of a 1910 Brunswick Wellington table so may be from that era. Thanks
  6. E

    Antique Brunswick Carom Pocket Inserts

    I ended up returning these to the seller on e-Bay. I actually had to get e-Bay involved as he kept asking for more time to refund. I think he was hoping to run out the clock on my return window. Oddly he has reposted these with the broken parts pushed tightly together (You need to zoom in to...
  7. E

    Antique Brunswick Carom Pocket Inserts

    The seller told me to reach out to Paul (I think it was Paul) at Blatts. I left a message but during the holidays, I didn't expect to hear back from him. Do any of the Blatt people post here? Seeing the pictures would probably help.
  8. E

    Antique Brunswick Carom Pocket Inserts

    Would you have his contact info or should I ask Rafael for it? Does he post here ever?
  9. E

    Antique Brunswick Carom Pocket Inserts

    I took the them to Rafael at Sequoia Billiards. He has about 8 older Brunswick tables there on display right now. He thinks the pockets were probably modified to use these. He does think they are Brunswicks. He says he usually sees these with hooks on the back that grab the back of the pockets...
  10. E

    Antique Brunswick Carom Pocket Inserts

    It is solid. Infact, 2 of those broke duriing shipping. The wings are not threded but the round nuts at the end of the threaded studs are. (Hope that makes sense). Taking these to Rafael in Redwood city today. Maybe he can shine some light on how these are used. Will report back.
  11. E

    Antique Brunswick Carom Pocket Inserts

    I picked up a set of Brunswick Carom inserts from the late 1800s - early 1900s. Unfortunately, the seller stuck them in a box with no protection and 2 of the brackets broke so I will probably be returning them. But, as long as I have them, does anyone know how they actually install? Am I missing...
  12. E

    Any difference in the latest Centennial balls besides packaging?

    Done deal. $260 was down from $300. I've got a few ideas now. Thanks for the help. Guy has an almost new pool cue lathe (The $4500 version you can make a pool cue with). He's going to be selling that also if anyone is interested. He said $1500.
  13. E

    Any difference in the latest Centennial balls besides packaging?

    This set is $260 and it's part of the Brunswick set with cues, triangles and a few other odds and ends. Everything is brand new. All I want are the balls. So, not sure if it's really a deal or not.
  14. E

    Any difference in the latest Centennial balls besides packaging?

    I was thinking if it would be better to hold out for a set or Aramith Duramith. I'm not to concerned about the looks, just wondering about the construction of a set of Centennials from 2008.
  15. E

    Any difference in the latest Centennial balls besides packaging?

    Hate to bring up this old thread, but there seems to be a few ball experts here. I'm looking at a set of Centennials from 2008. Still new in the box. Are these the 3rd generation, same as Super Aramith Pro balls. Worth picking up or should I hold out for a Duramith set? Thanks, Eric
Back
Top