Recent content by gerryf

  1. G

    Fargo Rate Manipulation Pro Tips

    So if I'm TD for a 'FR 599 and under' money tournament, and I want to keep the sandbaggers out, is it in my players interest that i periodically change it to 'FR 579 and under' or 'FR 549 and under' to eliminate the sandbaggers? Are tournaments that don't report to Fargo Rate loaded with...
  2. G

    First DigiBalls are in

    I agree. There can be a ton of minor details and potential changes, but they can be dealt with as time goes on. To find out any larger problems, I think it probably worthwhile to get them out with the players. PS. I'll buy one or two!
  3. G

    Hotels with pool tables

    A friend of mine is a multiple champion and the top Fargo rated player in the area. He has an annual event where he goes to this wealthy person's house and plays pool with some of the guests and does a trick shot show.
  4. G

    Thoughts on players who seemingly take Zero practice strokes, before shooting / final follow through?

    On one of her videos, Jasmin Ouschan recommends people try doing drills with one-stroking to see how close their alignment is immediately on getting down on the shot.
  5. G

    Thoughts on players who seemingly take Zero practice strokes, before shooting / final follow through?

    In snooker, Marco Fu is another player famous for one-stroking. I've noticed that lately he seems to do a few really short feathers, but it's mesmerizing to watch him in a run where he does the one stroke. Like Tony Drago - amazing to watch. (I think Drago has the record for a century in...
  6. G

    Definition of tips of English

    I was told to 1. set up a shot across the table and along the baulk line. 2. Hit the cueball with a bit of left. 3. Let the cueball hit the far cushion and bounce back to your cushion. 4. Do it again, with a little more left. 5. When you can get the cueball to hit your cushion one...
  7. G

    U.S. OPEN 2026, Frisco, Texas, August 25-30

    I agree. I've watched Heyball a number of times, and the video quality is second to none. You can easily distinguish all the balls. I wish everyone adopted the same system.
  8. G

    U.S. OPEN 2026, Frisco, Texas, August 25-30

    I understood that Ronnie didn't use Taom chalk simply because he was used to Triangle and didn't want to change. I didn't hear anything about him claiming to have lots of miscues. Judd Trump also uses Triangle. He says he's used to Triangle as well, but he also likes that it annoys other...
  9. G

    Another vanGogh at Peacock Billiards

    Peacock Billiards is a great hall. I was crushed when i visited last year and saw the last snooker table was gone - replaced by pool tables.
  10. G

    Ronnie doing Ronnie Things - Highest Break Ever

    I was talking with someone who's played on tournament tables in a number of countries. He says they all use the official template, but some places push it firmly into the pocket, and some don't push it firmly at all. In each case the pocket is tighter or looser.
  11. G

    How to Own a Poolhall?

    I was visiting Southern Ontario, and discovered a pool hall nearby with 16 tables, all 7'. It was very busy with all tables in play. I asked the bartender and he said it was league night. I asked which nights were quiet and he said every night was busy - leagues and tournaments. I hadn't...
  12. G

    Billiard Industry needs

    What about a wrist band sensor to go on your bridge arm? It can be detected to allow identification of the player, can identify the start and end of a shot (if you don't want to use cue ball motion), can notify shot time warnings and violations via haptics or beeps, Some people might find a...
  13. G

    Any videos of Dr Dave in an actual match?

    .and ...
  14. G

    Any videos of Dr Dave in an actual match?

    An interesting perspective on coaching. Stephen Hendry playing with Mark Williams and Lee Walker (Williams' coach). As Lee describes working with Ronnie O'Sullivan or Mark Williams, or Mark Allen. "They think they're doing something, and they're not doing it" Very entertaining! Turn on...
  15. G

    Heyball – Is THIS the Future of Pool?

    I just watched some, and it was interesting when watching top players, and how they get themselves into and out of situations. But I found it can get tedious after trying to watch more than a few games - in the same way that 'tactical' snooker players can be painful to watch. Some of the...
Back
Top