Recent content by gregcantrall

  1. gregcantrall

    Vintage Bar Table Tutorial

    Okay thenrest of the story, well a snippet. I held him down until the police arrived 15 minutes later. The officer entered and the wife directed him to me atop the sand n*ger....(Grrrr still trigger Ed). All motionless and silent. I dismounted and told the officer what had happened and why...
  2. gregcantrall

    Vintage Bar Table Tutorial

    In the 3rd grade, The New kid in school was tested in our sand box. He was different and didn't want to wrestle I took on the role of bully and at our 10 minutes recess wanted to test him. He didn't want to participate, so he threw a headlock on me and held me until recess was over. Time after...
  3. gregcantrall

    Vintage Bar Table Tutorial

    Well it took a while to jangle my deepest memories. This one is on such a parallel track I shall tell it again. 😉 🤷‍♂️ My earliest years were spent living Ina in a 5 house sawmill site resident adjacent the mill pond. Our next door neighbor was the family of my Dad's boss. My Dad was sawyer...
  4. gregcantrall

    Practice what I Preach

    Well Saturday morning practice has snooker on the tell E. Judd Trump vs Wu Yize has good entertainment and available knowledge from the commentary team. The wst.tv coverage is awesome. 👍 Sooo with Judd trailing 3-1 going to 6. Lessons rich entertainment. 🤷‍♂️
  5. gregcantrall

    Vintage Bar Table Tutorial

    I did on one occasion go hands on. Well the guy raised his hand to my wife when arguing. I immediately put him in a loose rear naked. Just controlling and not trying to choke him out. He then tried to thumb my eye. So I put a bite on the thumb and speaking around the thumb told him to knock it...
  6. gregcantrall

    Bad home table

    Folding laundry was the use for some home tables after the kids were grown. 🤷‍♂️ I have revived a couple of free tables found in the little nickel for sale paper. One was in the garage and looked like a car engine had been rebuilt on it. Oh yeah that's now my home table and plays beautifully...
  7. gregcantrall

    Vintage Bar Table Tutorial

    When things were getting tense I would attempt to de escalate by saying, "The last fight I was in I won by 10 yards." The H bar B in Oakdale CA which was the cowboy capital of the world provided the sport of going out back. The first one to hit the ground buys the beer. 🤷‍♂️ Only once was I...
  8. gregcantrall

    Vintage Bar Table Tutorial

    Oh my I am triggered. 😉 Alaska and the pipeline project provided a huge opportunity for a person with on the pool table skills and oh don't forget the gold being mined up there. 🤷‍♂️ I had the pleasure of aquintance with a few that had success up there. One was a Gal that could jump a full...
  9. gregcantrall

    Vintage Bar Table Tutorial

    Again, such a similar history. To avoid the wait the 9 ball ring game was the logical and profit able solution. In the Northwest it was an honest effort with up to 5 players. Shooting from kitchen on scratch. Fouled shot generated option for next shooter. Sometimes the rotation was shuffled...
  10. gregcantrall

    Vintage Bar Table Tutorial

    Fortunately I only encountered that a couple of places. Small taverns with only one table were as Forest Gump would say, "like a box of chocolates". The chalk board adjacent the table with 8 names up made it critical to hold the table for the one dollar games. That was the late 70s and Straight...
  11. gregcantrall

    Simple way to convert srew-in tips cues to glued tips cues

    Well I have avoided this topic, as I have limited exposure to screw on tips. The best looking solution will possibly cost more than the cue is worth. 🤷‍♂️ Sooo, I would screw the tip in then take my razor knife and cut the leather off and replace with my chosen tip .( Lay Pro for me). Possibly...
  12. gregcantrall

    Vintage Bar Table Tutorial

    That rings so true. The new to me biker bar had me loudly asking the bartender, "Anybody in here play worth a F***?" No response? Go on to the next tavern. One tavern close to home had me , after work racking 9 ball on one of the 4 tables then sitting at the bar with a beer. Kinda like bobber...
  13. gregcantrall

    Who broke the server yesterday 9/29/26?

    Oh crap! I think I have hurt my head. I opened the thread out of curiosity. Wondered how the topic could generate 4 pages of intercourse. Okay! I don't understand it but I can accept it. I am comfortable on my ignorance.
  14. gregcantrall

    Vintage Bar Table Tutorial

    Throwback Wednesday!!!! Well last night's league lessons paid for my beer and a, uh let's see. Oh yeah "Never Count Your Money While Sitting at the Table" is the song lyric that I applied to playing pool as well. I could take a 20 and turn it into 17 ones and fell like I had lot. 🤷‍♂️ I...
  15. gregcantrall

    Vintage Bar Table Tutorial

    Your whole post rings familiar with me. Walking in and playing cold on a new to me table was a natural stall. Generally it would take a while to get acclimated to the table and conditions. The earliest misses tended to set the hook. My personal rule was an hour or a hundred bucks (whichever...
Back
Top