Recent content by KamuiInsider

  1. K

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    @Zerksies @deep @Buddy Thank you, glad you guys are enjoying the tips!
  2. K

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    Yes, many agree with you and many do not. To Kamui it is more than a marketing gimmick whether you believe in it or not, but I understand what you're saying. There are some people out there that still prefer not to have a layered tip out there, and that's okay. Just note on one hand you're...
  3. K

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    Thank you for your detailed answer! I'm passing this straight to the big guys.
  4. K

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    This is the answer I have for you now directly from the factory: "Our Manufacturing team has continuously made small improvements to our production process. These are often very minor changes, such as adjusting processing time or temperature. Materials and the overall process stays the same...
  5. K

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    Hey I'm sorry, I was going through the forum and seemed to have missed you! In a simpler explanation the purpose of the brown tips are for precise shooting. Black tips generate more spin with less effort. Athlete tips are hybrid tips to improve the play of a carbon fiber shaft. Harder on...
  6. K

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    A question for everyone from the factory: About how long did it take your Kamui tip to glaze over?
  7. K

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    I'm going to get back to you on this one. Japan has an answer for me. I'll likely hear back by Wednesday.
  8. K

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    Great question! Some are authentic and some are not. I have been setting up an Amazon store to have some sway over counterfeits. You can always buy direct from Kamuitips.com though. We've been selling retail on our website for the last year or two. A good indication is if they're about $25 or...
  9. K

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    You're right about oxidation at least. I just used the wrong word, but yes can confirm it is to keep the glue from soaking into the tip.
  10. K

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the tip!
  11. K

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    This is another situation where if it always works for you I can't say you're wrong(especially with that resumé!), but I will add my experience. To me it is similar to the instructions for would glue. You want two smooth surfaces. Less is more with the glue in this case. If the ferrule has...
  12. K

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    That's understandable and kind of what I mean. I don't even typically believe in the term "common knowledge" as it is usually applied, because what everybody "knows to be true" could be wrong. Also, depending on the specific subject, there are so many differences due to habits, tip maintenance...
  13. K

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    I've never heard of them using super glue! That sounds like a terrible idea to me. The whole purpose of the clear pad is to keep the glue from oxidizing the tip over time. Spit or Tokonole is the only things besides chalk that should touch the tip! The black tip DEFINITELY gives more spin than...
  14. K

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    I'm going to have to leave that comparison to other players! I've never tried one.
  15. K

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    Nothing wrong with Tiger!
Back
Top