Recent content by loggerhead12

  1. loggerhead12

    Are high end predators hard to sell on the secondary market?

    A prudent model for any commercial endeavor.
  2. loggerhead12

    Good or bad hit?

    Bad.
  3. loggerhead12

    Are high end predators hard to sell on the secondary market?

    They're about $3,100. Add a Revo, an extension, and feed the government tax trolls and you're at $4k. There are a lot of customs you can get for that.
  4. loggerhead12

    Are high end predators hard to sell on the secondary market?

    I bought a Virtuoso because I like cocobolo and turquoise and I liked the way it hit. Is that high enough end?
  5. loggerhead12

    Cue Order

    Agreed, and that's why it's different from pool. I don't want the cue ball going fast. If it's going fast, I need more backspin to overcome its forward momentum. If it's going fast, I have less control. If it's going fast, the object ball will be going fast, and it will be harder for the...
  6. loggerhead12

    Cue Order

    Right? I put on my extension to get more draw. The analogy with a golf club is wrong. You're not looking for speed. The trick is to impart backspin on the cue ball *without* giving it too much forward speed. Any forward speed has to be overcome by the backspin, so slower is better and...
  7. loggerhead12

    Why don't more bars lease Diamond pool tables?

    $25 for a fantastic phenolic Dynasphere cue ball from a reputable source. Seyberts
  8. loggerhead12

    Pool is Thriving in Texas!

    And she said in her opening speech on the final day that she hoped Frisco would have them back next year, and that Matchroom would love to come back. Doesn't sound inked, but my money would be on a return next year.
  9. loggerhead12

    Which Simonis Gray Is Darker?

    Ask a woman.
  10. loggerhead12

    SJM Trip Report: Matchroom US Open 9ball a Huge Hit

    Kevin was resplendent in yacht club attire - blue blazer with gold buttons, starched white shirt and immaculately pressed tan slacks. The only thing missing was a jaunty hat. It was pretty shocking amongst all the pool hall grunge.
  11. loggerhead12

    SJM Trip Report: Matchroom US Open 9ball a Huge Hit

    He sat right behind me, with Mike Sigel on one side and Billy Incardona on the other. I got personal running commentary from the three of them for a couple of matches, including one of Shane's.
  12. loggerhead12

    SJM Trip Report: Matchroom US Open 9ball a Huge Hit

    I walked into the event center wondering if I would see SJM, and lo and behold he was right in front of me in line to get into the arena. Nice to meet you!
  13. loggerhead12

    U.S. OPEN 2026, Frisco, Texas, August 25-30

    Most people barely recognize that their statements are political. Like how criticizing someone's political beliefs IS a political statement.
  14. loggerhead12

    U.S. OPEN 2026, Frisco, Texas, August 25-30

    Wikipedia is great for movie plot summaries.
  15. loggerhead12

    U.S. OPEN 2026, Frisco, Texas, August 25-30

    Man, you need to get a phone with the Google. CPBA cloth, a WNT sponsor Grey The main table was had ball return with the pocket returns blocked, so it behaved like a drop-pocket table All other tables were ball return
Back
Top