Recent content by Scott44

  1. S

    Phenolic Tip

    I put a new blade in and adjusted the height. At was a little too high. Hard to believe that it could make that much difference but it did. Works good now. I am convinced it was the height more that the blade. Thanks again for the help.
  2. S

    Phenolic Tip

    Will do. Thanks for the help.
  3. S

    Phenolic Tip

    That's what I thought. I will put a new blade in and try again but this blade hadn't been used very much. Are there any tips made of something harder than the phenolic ones?
  4. S

    Phenolic Tip

    Do you need a special tool to cut a phenolic tip? I bought a mid America Cue Lathe a few months back and have put several tips on since then but they were all leather tips. A guy in our pool league wanted me to take his old phenolic tip off and put a new one on. I just tried to make a small...
  5. S

    Breaking ground on new backyard pool hall

    My brother had a neighbor that did put a funnel through the wall. He even built a little enclosure around it with saloon style swing doors for privacy. Got the job done!
  6. S

    Need some help

    I did watch this video and your other videos as well. You videos are very good!
  7. S

    Need some help

    I know many of you here have put on hundreds of tips. I am sure it is a wide range but ballpark how many tips would you do with a HSS cutting tool before you need to sharpen?
  8. S

    Need some help

    What do you use to sharpen your tooling? Will a knife whetstone work?
  9. S

    Need some help

    Yes I am new to this and I have watched a lot of videos which have been very helpful. I'm sure I will have many more questions as I keep learning on the lathe. There is a ton of knowledge on this site!
  10. S

    Need some help

    I wasn't aware of the Cuemakersguild videos. Thanks for the heads up. I put another tip on last night and everything is working great now. Thanks to all who gave me advise.
  11. S

    Need some help

    Thanks for the help. That took care of the problem.
  12. S

    Need some help

    Thanks for the help. I have it working well now.
  13. S

    Need some help

    Good advise. Thanks.
  14. S

    Need some help

    I just received my new Mid-American pool cue lathe. I set it up and was cutting the tip off of an old house cue to practice. Two issues. First the cutting tool is wanting to back off a little from the tip unless I hold the wheel that moves it forwards and backwards. Second it is leaving a...
  15. S

    Was pool better 50 years ago?

    One big change I have seen is the lack of pool halls in my area. I grew up in Northern Missouri and Southern Iowa. When I was a kid almost every little town had a pool hall. Snooker was very popular back then. All those pool halls are gone now. Sure we still have bars that will have a bar...
Back
Top