Recent content by Scratch85

  1. Scratch85

    Billiards Digest

    @atx48, check your PMs. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Scratch85

    Kamui Tips Q/A

    The last two Kamui black softs, I had installed, delaminated at some point. I am still using the second one. It was an easy fix but was unexpected and did require losing a considerable amount of tip. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Scratch85

    Nick Varner Citation

    Couldn’t edit my last post but wanted to add, I’m pretty sure the pool bar in Grandview still has a chip tournament every Friday night. Which is pretty cool, for such a small community. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Scratch85

    Nick Varner Citation

    Not to be picky but he grew up on a farm outside of Grandview, Indiana. His dad had a pool room in Grandview. He went to and graduated from Tell City High School. He was born in Owensboro, KY, which was probably the closest (good) hospital back then. Most of his adult life, when he wasn’t on the...
  5. Scratch85

    What is a cue’s “hit”?

    A stated by Justice Potter Stewart, can’t define it but “know it when I see it.” [emoji41] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Scratch85

    Ok healing shaft in 3/8x10 modified joint

    I’m not familiar with the shaft you mention but a reoccurring issue with 3/8x10 shafts is the inner diameter. Typical fix is just a tap. However, that’s easier said than done for most of us. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Scratch85

    Why do you play this game?

    Grew up in a small midwestern town, population less than 2,000. We moved to new neighborhood, in the same town, when I was 6. Discovered a bumper pool table in my neighbors basement, which was more of a cellar, around age 8,and couldn’t get enough of it. Was sneaking up to the pool hall by age...
  8. Scratch85

    Funny pic/gif thread...

    Sexy duck stuff. [emoji41] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Scratch85

    surely this has happened in a big match, what's the rule??

    I recall that video. Can’t remember all the particulars but it definitely happened. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Scratch85

    Seeing the contact point on the object ball.

    HAMB with or without knowledge. Without knowledge, it may be HAMBx2 or 3. With knowledge, HAMB will put you in a pretty good spot. I really don’t think there is a substitute for HAMB and that takes time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Scratch85

    Dumping - caught

    I don’t know how to access my wife’s phone. How does a GF’s mom know how to access an estranged BF’s phone? I don’t get it. I also don’t accept apologies from bad actors caught acting bad. Apologizing after being caught is meaningless to me. Forgiveness is what we want when we screw up...
  12. Scratch85

    My Defy shaft😝

    7 years ago, I felt the same way. Not today. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Scratch85

    My Defy shaft😝

    That still wouldn’t be McDermott making things right. I will sell both bad shafts to you, for what I paid, and you can trade them, plus $300, for two gen3 shafts. Then do the eBay hustle “to help pool players who really would like a Defy shaft.” I doubt you will feel like McDermott did their...
  14. Scratch85

    My Defy shaft😝

    IMO, the McDermott Defy shaft is McDermott’s worst failure. I own a gen1, gen2 and gen3. I would have to count them to be precise but I also own more than a dozen McDermott cues. My gen1 Defy is all but useless due to the coating coming off the cue. The gen2 shaft, that was replaced due to the...
  15. Scratch85

    Seeing the contact point on the object ball.

    Adding the ghost ball to your contact point may help you keep the “sight picture” in tact, as you move back to the CB position. It helps me, especially on blind shots. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back
Top