Recent content by slide13

  1. slide13

    Fargo Rate Manipulation Pro Tips

    It's refreshing to see a sandbagger call themselves out, doesn't happen very often.
  2. slide13

    Soft cases

    I like cases like JBs with a hard outer but soft interior. Lighter than a full tube case like an Instroke but still a sturdy design that protects the cues better than a soft case and holds it's shape and stands up well. I just don't trust the protection of a soft case like a butterfly style...
  3. slide13

    New volturi predator case

    Perfect for someone who feels like paying 2.5x the price of a regular Volturi for the Predator logo, haha I'm not a Volturi fan but I can see why having a case like this would be appealing for Predator, but I don't get how they came up with $1400 for it when a regular 3x6 Volturi can be had for...
  4. slide13

    My unasked for opinion on Taom V10 Chalk

    Yeah, I personally never had a performance problem with Masters. I chalk before most shots as part of my pre-shot routine. The cleanliness is the reason I use Taom. And not just that the cue ball stays cleaner, though that is certainly important, but it just keeps my hands and my glove...
  5. slide13

    Interesting Facts on a Recent Vintage Viking Cue Purchase

    That is a very nice looking cue, congrats!
  6. slide13

    U.S. OPEN 2026, Frisco, Texas, August 25-30

    Yeah, I'm not a Rogan fan either, but I do think he could be good for the sport. He's got a huge audience and I don't think it's as demographically homogeneous as people often think it is. And it is to be expected that he, or someone like him, would be used by ESPN to bring some sense of...
  7. slide13

    Definition of tips of English

    Yeah, only time this becomes an issue I guess is when trying to explain a shot to someone verbally. To my mind the second one is a tip of right, the first is a half tip of right. I think of it based on the tip center and moving that tip center out from the CB center by the width of one tip...
  8. slide13

    Pool cue cases

    I'm a huge fan of the JB Rugged 2x5 interior design. This design has the butts at the outside "points" of the oval shape which gives them just a bit more room and a little less of a tight fit than the other designs. The central shaft slot also works great to hold a jump cue butt since those...
  9. slide13

    WNT.TV now has an app

    Used the app a couple times over the weekend to watch both live and pre-recorded content, worked great for me casting to my TV via Chromecast. Happy with the app and will finally keep my subscription going now.
  10. slide13

    WNT.TV now has an app

    The app also doesn't update right away for new logins apparently. I signed up today and can log in on the web but the app won't let me log in using the same credentials. I actually think I ran into this once before in some way so I'm hoping it'll resolve itself in the next day or so, but still...
  11. slide13

    WNT.TV now has an app

    Nice! I've been waiting for that, it wasn't going to use the web interface so I haven't subscribed but said I would as soon as they did an app so just signed up. This way I'll actually use it and watch on my TV. I know you can cast from a computer but my only computer is my work laptop and...
  12. slide13

    Cues for Sale... Without Extensions

    Obviously "impossible to play without one" is a bit hyperbolic, but I think the intended point is "wouldn't choose to play without this additional tool" now that we've all been exposed to it and the additional flexibility it offers. That's were I fall. I certainly can play without one and...
  13. slide13

    Cues for Sale... Without Extensions

    I typically see most mid-extension users using them to get to a comfortable hand position where they're not falling off the back of the cue rather than keeping the same type of arm/hand position and sliding it forward. So you're right if they were just using it for extra length and keeping...
  14. slide13

    Cues for Sale... Without Extensions

    Agree completely and it's one of the reason I've moved away from the more classic style custom cues I liked in the past. I eventually ended up landing on a Jacoby as a good solid and locally made cue that has both extension and carbon shaft options. These days I wouldn't even consider a cue...
  15. slide13

    Has Everyone Read Phil Capelle’s May Pool Article In Billiard Buzz?

    I so often forget there is more to AZB than the forum, thanks for the reminder, good stuff
Back
Top