Predator Arcos II Personal Experience

MurrayNevada

Well, yea. For certain those that are cheap about what they purchase are those that will never understand or learn. They are driven by prices. Not quality.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums
I think the most reasonable is to be driven by both price AND quality. Are the Arcos II balls worth $110.00 more than the Aramith Tournament set in your opinion?

Last edited:

chenjy9

Well, yea. For certain those that are cheap about what they purchase are those that will never understand or learn. They are driven by prices. Not quality.

This is a false statement if there ever was one. To start with, Dynasphere Tungsten or Bronze are very high quality, full stop. It is also safe/reasonable to say that people who purchase Aramith Tournament (or Super Pro for that matter) are not cheapening out, especially with Aramith insisting that the Arcos II are made the same way as Super Pro. With that being the case, why would anyone buy Predator balls when they are equal to or lesser quality to sets that cost less outside of simply liking the design more?

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They might be the nicest balls you ever played with, but that tacky logo completely turns me off from them. I rather either spend less for the Bronze or Tournament.
Agreed - a potentially serious set of top of the line balls to truly compete with the Aramith Tournament set and the Brunswick Centennial set was sadly ruined by that Predator logo on the balls.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a false statement if there ever was one. To start with, Dynasphere Tungsten or Bronze are very high quality, full stop. It is also safe/reasonable to say that people who purchase Aramith Tournament (or Super Pro for that matter) are not cheapening out, especially with Aramith insisting that the Arcos II are made the same way as Super Pro. With that being the case, why would anyone buy Predator balls when they are equal to or lesser quality to sets that cost less outside of simply liking the design more?

Play them then tell us what you think. Till then you are just being a keyboard warrior.

chenjy9

Play them then tell us what you think. Till then you are just being a keyboard warrior.

I played with the Super Pro, which according to Aramith (you know, the company that actually makes the Arcos 2) are made the exact same way as the Arcos 2, so yes... I actually do know a little something or another. I have also played with the Tournaments (uses Aramith's Duramith tech) and the Premiums and the Bronze. I actually own the latter 2. Your turn now, which ones have you played with?

Last edited:

mrpiper

Registered
So we have Centennialists, Tournamentites and Arcosians. They all play the same game, but each one thinks the others are heretics! 😁😁😁😁😁 I thought this stuff was just between Baptists, Catholics and Presbyterians

chenjy9

So we have Centennialists, Tournamentites and Arcosians. They all play the same game, but each one thinks the others are heretics! 😁😁😁😁😁 I thought this stuff was just between Baptists, Catholics and Presbyterians
The difference is that everyone but a few acknowledge that the Acros II aka Super Pro with Predator branding are fantastic balls. We just also happen to realize that unless you are a fan of the design that they are not very good value. It is what it is though. It’s not like any of the mentioned ball sets play poorly.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not being argumentative, just curious for your perspective. If you've ever played with the Aramith Tournament do you find the Arcos II a C-note+ better than the Tournament set?

I am a pool player. I am ok financially not great but not terrible. As such when I buy things in this range I don’t think to much about price. $100 difference doesn’t scare me at all. Do they play much better than centennials? Yes! $100 worth. I don’t know. But would you really want balls that play $100 different? In my mind that is 1/3rd better. That would be game altering. Only game altering changes I have seen in recent is the carbon fiber break cues, jump cues and diamond tables. Neither which have been good for pool.

What predator balls are is very consistent. Not just in specs, but play. They just plain and simply play nice. I don’t know how to value that in dollars. I am sure the same question was asked when transitioning from clay or ivory to phenolic. This is not that dramatic but certainly noticeable. Need to remember that the real reason centennials are so popular is because just about every GoldCrown table at the time came with a set and therefore that’s what we all got use to. Centennials are inferior product. That’s is a fact.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played with the Super Pro, which according to Aramith (you know, the company that actually makes the Arcos 2) are made the exact same way as the Arcos 2, so yes... I actually do know a little something or another. I have also played with the Tournaments (uses Aramith's Duramith tech) and the Premiums and the Bronze. I actually own the latter 2. Your turn now, which ones have you played with?

Image1627354392.497791.jpg

Here is what I currently own. I have owned tournaments that I sold with my previous table to sweeten the deal. Not to mention playing with just about all the sets that have been talked about.

I think I have a touch of knowledge here. The Arcos blow them all away.

So you can “assume” you know but till you actually play them you are only speculating.

Donkin the 8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It so funny how passionate people are here about pool balls LOL. GO TEAM ARCOS! 😀 if all played exactly the same at the same price, now having actually played withthe Arcos balls, I would still choose them because I really Like the looks. They look classic like Centennials but the Predator Logo adds some modern fun. If I could afford all 3 main sets, Arcos, Tournament and Centennial, I would enjoy all 3 I'm sure but the Arcos II set would be on my table most of the time. Poop ball and all. 😁
I have all three. The predators by a long shot get the most table time

chenjy9

Alright, I will concede that you potentially have more knowledge than me.

I am a pool player. I am ok financially not great but not terrible. As such when I buy things in this range I don’t think to much about price. $100 difference doesn’t scare me at all. Do they play much better than centennials? Yes! $100 worth. I don’t know. But would you really want balls that play $100 different? In my mind that is 1/3rd better. That would be game altering. Only game altering changes I have seen in recent is the carbon fiber break cues, jump cues and diamond tables. Neither which have been good for pool.

What predator balls are is very consistent. Not just in specs, but play. They just plain and simply play nice. I don’t know how to value that in dollars. I am sure the same question was asked when transitioning from clay or ivory to phenolic. This is not that dramatic but certainly noticeable. Need to remember that the real reason centennials are so popular is because just about every GoldCrown table at the time came with a set and therefore that’s what we all got use to. Centennials are inferior product. That’s is a fact.
Here is what I currently own. I have owned tournaments that I sold with my previous table to sweeten the deal. Not to mention playing with just about all the sets that have been talked about.

So you can “assume” you know but till you actually play them you are only speculating.

That said, when you follow one post with another one that is completely contradictory, your credibility takes a huge hit IMO. Also, you cannot call it assuming when the company that manufactures the Arcos II are saying that they are exactly the same as the Aramith Super Pro. Between a company like Aramith vs a company like Predator that aggressively markets itself, I am personally inclined to believe the former. Aramith has very little reason to lie given that they have an entire lineup of balls and make money no matter if they sell or if Predator sell as opposed to Predator who only has one set of balls to their name.

I'll bow out of this discussion though as it is making me reply in a more snarky fashion than I would like. That's on me though. Like mrpiper says, they are just pool balls.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have all three. The predators by a long shot get the most table time

It’s not that I am overly passionate about any ball set. Although I dislike some for various reasons. I am just giving the facts. The funny thing is that in these forums people argue what they have not even touched never the less played with. So they don’t like the cat logo. I get it. I don’t mind it at all. I also understand they are prejudice against the brown ball. I find that funny in today’s climate. Hehe.

But, never the less they are the best set I have played with. Play with them and tell us what you think. DON’T ASSUME!

Most modern day sets are disliked for one reason or another. Generally looks.

BTW…I will be selling all these sets along with the table and many other things.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alright, I will concede that you potentially have more knowledge than me.

That said, when you follow one post with another one that is completely contradictory, your credibility takes a huge hit IMO. Also, you cannot call it assuming when the company that manufactures the Arcos II are saying that they are exactly the same as the Aramith Super Pro. Between a company like Aramith vs a company like Predator that aggressively markets itself, I am personally inclined to believe the former. Aramith has very little reason to lie given that they have an entire lineup of balls and make money no matter if they sell or if Predator sell as opposed to Predator who only has one set of balls to their name.

I'll bow out of this discussion though as it is making me reply in a more snarky fashion than I would like. That's on me though. Like mrpiper says, they are just pool balls.

Please explain the contradiction. I will clear it up but, I am not getting paid nor care if you buy any balls. Just giving the obvious observations.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

mrpiper

Registered
One more, newer observation. Again, maybe this is because I have used Aramith Measles cueballs for years, but I now have over 20 hours of play on this new set of Arcos II's. That's a LOT of breaks and chalk. It still looks like I just took it out of the box new. By now I would have needed Aramith cleaner and elbow grease 3 or 4 times on a measles ball. I usually changed them out at the beginning of every new session because they had so many marks after ever play session!

Is this common with the Super Pro and Duramith cue ball that come with those sets or do they contain the regular measles ball?

If the other sets have a standard measles ball, absolutely everyone needs to buy and try this Predator black triangles cue ball. If that is the ONLY difference in the set, it makes it well worth the extra $ to me. I am amazed by the durability.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 604006

I own Cententials, Super Pro's, Tournament TV, Dynasphere Bronze. I cant remember what room had the Arcos2 balls but they seemed nice so I also have a touch of knowledge.

I'm really curious as to your scientific knowledge and testing you have done to prove the Arcos2 balls blow all the others away? Thanks

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One more, newer observation. Again, maybe this is because I have used Aramith Measles cueballs for years, but I now have over 20 hours of play on this new set of Arcos II's. That's a LOT of breaks and chalk. It still looks like I just took it out of the box new. By now I would have needed Aramith cleaner and elbow grease 3 or 4 times on a measles ball. I usually changed them out at the beginning of every new session because they had so many marks after ever play session!

Is this common with the Super Pro and Duramith cue ball that come with those sets or do they contain the regular measles ball?

If the other sets have a standard measles ball, absolutely everyone needs to buy and try this Predator black triangles cue ball. If that is the ONLY difference in the set, it makes it well worth the extra $ to me. I am amazed by the durability.
What kind of chalk?? Reason i ask i use a measel ball a lot and never experienced the chalk-mark issues you describe. Some maybe but not bad at all.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own Cententials, Super Pro's, Tournament TV, Dynasphere Bronze. I cant remember what room had the Arcos2 balls but they seemed nice so I also have a touch of knowledge.

I'm really curious as to your scientific knowledge and testing you have done to prove the Arcos2 balls blow all the others away? Thanks
Unless someone has access to some really sophisticated testing/measuring equip. statements like these are just opinions/takes. Any hi-quality phenolic resin ball is going to play very well. A friend bought a 7ft ProAm a couple yrs ago and it came with the plain-jane Cyclop set. They play as good as Centennials(how does one rate a ball's 'goodness'?) and stay quite clean too. I'd compare them to the $100 Dyna's(same maker). I'm dubious to say the least when one ball is said to ' blow the others away'.

MurrayNevada

I use Taom Pyro chalk and never find chalk on the red measles ball. I bought a black measles ball (individually) from the Tournament Black set and that one is made with Duramith. It stays just as clean and I like the black measles better that the red ones.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
When comparing ball sets its important to remember one thing. A brand new ball set always seems to play better than a high quality used set. I have Centennials, Aramith Tournaments, and Cyclops. All were new within about a year and half. Its seems the newest always played the best regardless of the brand. I don't think it had to do with ball cleanliness because I have a Diamond polisher and all of my balls get regular cleanings.