Break cues?

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with a BK Rush and like it, but honestly I don’t know that it makes that much difference one from the other…

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I've hit many times with a bk rush,
Haven't been able to try a breach but I can't do near the kind of breaking with the predator as I can with my players pure x

Nyquil

Haven't played with either. Carbon does make sense with a break cue due to the efficiency of energy transfer. I break with a Viking crush I picked up used for cheap. Some thick ass maple for sure, lol. If you are going to splurge and can't try before you buy I would purchase from a website like pool dawg that you can return it if you don't dig it. I would advise against anything that has a "sport wrap" pain to get out of cases and it's not a damn golf club. The one other thing I don't like with predator on break cues is the uniloc q/r joint. They should offer in a big pin like uniloc radial. Just my 02. Good luck on the hunt.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuetec Breach or Predator BK Rush?

Which would you look at?

If someone else was buying one for me, I'd get the Predator, my son had one for a while and I really liked it. If it was my money, I'd get a Players, McDermott or PureX one for half or less the cost. I own a PureX break/jump cue I got used for $160, turned down the shaft a bit, had two break and runs last night in 3 games, so must work as good as the $600-700 cues :)

95% of the break is in the breaker skill and the rack setup, IMHO spending anything more than what a basic cue would cost on a break cue is just wasted money. Tip is very important to a break cue, wrong tip will make even a pricy cue feel like crap.

TrxR

I'm not buying new if I buy. The question was more if you had your choice. I'm looking into trying my hand in a raffle and have the choice of trying for the Predator or Cuetec.

I'm currently using a 21oz Dufferin with a Superpro tip.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you don't have a chance to try either one before hand, they are both nice. Choice might come down to the color. You like blue or red?

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not buying new if I buy. The question was more if you had your choice. I'm looking into trying my hand in a raffle and have the choice of trying for the Predator or Cuetec.

I'm currently using a 21oz Dufferin with a Superpro tip.
If it's a raffle, what difference does it make which one you win? Try for both.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cuetec Breach or Predator BK Rush?

Which would you look at?
Flowers cue with the CF shaft is about the best. Looks just like a Predator but with carbon shaft. I have to have a CF shaft. SO used to the smooth transition (never sanding).

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Flowers cue with the CF shaft is about the best. Looks just like a Predator but with carbon shaft. I have to have a CF shaft. SO used to the smooth transition (never sanding).

That would be OK for breaking with a hard tip, but it's not a low deflection shaft so not really a good choice for a playing shaft unless someone plays with a standard maple shaft. I did a test on a few of those and at table length with spin the JFlowers and the Konlin shafts miss the ball I am aiming at fully, like a house cue or a standard shaft. The Revo on the opposite spectrum hits is almost full on, so the difference in aiming is at least 2" over a 7 foot long shot.

891014+1

The Cuetec have something special on it, cue ball control is much more effective with it. Maybe because of the tip? I don't know, but for me is impossible to control the cue ball, sending all the power to the break without the Cuetec breach cue.
I tried predator, mezz, even the "forbiden 28 oz" from pooldawg... Cuetec all day.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
That would be OK for breaking with a hard tip, but it's not a low deflection shaft so not really a good choice for a playing shaft unless someone plays with a standard maple shaft. I did a test on a few of those and at table length with spin the JFlowers and the Konlin shafts miss the ball I am aiming at fully, like a house cue or a standard shaft. The Revo on the opposite spectrum hits is almost full on, so the difference in aiming is at least 2" over a 7 foot long shot.
If you've proved the Flowers break cue shaft is NOT a low deflection shaft, which break cue would you recommend with a LD C/F shaft?