GPS trackers for cue cases

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those who use AirTags, decide if you are comfortable with the legality of silencing your own AirTag that you keep in your own cue case to protect your own cues.

A benefit of doing so would be that a criminal in possession of your case would not be able to force your AirTag to emit a self-identifying sound.

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had real good experiences using the Invoxia GPS tracker for similar efforts. In the last two years, I'm sure even better devices have come out.

Be careful not to buy any that require expensive subscriptions, if that's not what you're wanting.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
An alternative to GPS tracking is WIFI tracking. ESP32 chips can operate on a battery and wifi range is 200ft and tests for permeable barriers.

WIFI tracking with mainframe connection provides GPS like tracking.

Its not GPS but its still useful

Monti

Where was this? Montreal? Cops in Portland, Oregon wouldn't respond like that. I remember a stolen car case in Portland some years back. Cops would only take a report...until...he told them he worked in demolition, had explosives in the trunk. By golly, they found his car! Then he remembered that the explosives were stored elsewhere. ;)
Yes just North of Montreal. We were surprised they responded so well, slow night I guess!
Also surprised they just gave him back his cues and he wasn’t asked to follow up in any charging of the girl who stole it.