Reinstall ferrule from older used shaft

luv1pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a shaft where the insert was updated to a uni-lock pin. It started making a pinging noise and then a couple shots later the bottom of the shaft cracked several inches. The shaft is destroyed and the insert came out. I really like the ferrule and you can't get it anymore. Can the ferrule be reinstalled on a brand new shaft?
If so what would the range on the price be?
Thank You

luv1pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We always start with an oversized piece of material, so unless you want your new shaft slightly smaller in diameter it will be difficult. What is this magic material? 🙂
I think it is about 12.90mm and I figure it might be 12.80mm or 12.75mm when a new shaft is made. It was a material cuemakers won't do on cues or ferrules anymore.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think it is about 12.90mm and I figure it might be 12.80mm or 12.75mm when a new shaft is made. It was a material cuemakers won't do on cues or ferrules anymore.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHAT MATERIAL IS IT?!?!?! If it's Ivory, it's not a big deal, just have someone install a new Ivory ferrule. Brian.

luv1pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come to San Jose, I'll take care of it
Curiuos what would be the cost If I bring the used ferrule to you on a new uni lock sneaky pete style cue? Would I need a new tip also?

Attachments

• IMG_1021.jpeg
    IMG_1021.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 32

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Curiuos what would be the cost If I bring the used ferrule to you on a new uni lock sneaky pete style cue? Would I need a new tip also?

PM me your cell number so I can get some more details, but I expect the price to be a sandwich or less