3 Foul Rule in 9 Ball Question

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you, that answers the question. It's not a sportmanship question, it's what's the rule.

That's right. I remember an issue in a WPBA event where the player who was on two fouls didn't hear her opponent tell her, so the WPBA created a rule that the player must acknowledge to her opponent that she heard it. A simple 'OK" was was acceptable.

Makes sense, actually. I highly recommend that leagues and tournaments adapt this.

dougster26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure the way I explained it was completely clear so let me confirm. If you do not inform him he's on two and he fouls a third successive time it does not count as a third foul. But he is still on two, not back to zero. ;)

Yes you explained it clearly, however a simple question has turned into a technicality issue, being able to sleep at night, and looking into the mirror situation. I have always called fouls on myself, I don't play for money, however if I did and the rule is your opponent has to inform you that you are on 2 and $500 was on the line, I really think that I would rather look at myself in the mirror after a good nights sleep knowing that I have an extra $500 to spend today. All I was asking was "what is the rule".