If you don't think!!!!!

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
If you don't think that Predator shafts don't really work, your crazy. I've alway's been a supporter and user of Predator. Until last night I really didn't know how much the shafts do for my game.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
If you don't think that Predator shafts don't really work, your crazy. I've alway's been a supporter and user of Predator. Until last night I really didn't know how much the shafts do for my game.

So what are you saying?? Two negatives make a positive:D Everyone has their own opinion, some like, some don't.. I hope that doesn't make me crazy!!:cool:

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
i have never said they don't work. all ld shafts pretty much do what they claim - lower deflection. i have just said i don't like shooting with them very much. but if they fit your game good for you. anything that helps is a plus! keep hittin' 'em well:smile:

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
I will admit that Predator shafts are the best EVER marketed shaft in the pool industry.

I will admit that Predator is one of the top 10 pieces of PLYWood ever built (for pool)

I will also admit that the consistency of Predator shafts (repeatable performance from one shaft to another) is unparalleled. Plywood is plywood.

Call me crazy.. see if I care.

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
i have never said they don't work. all ld shafts pretty much do what they claim - lower deflection. i have just said i don't like shooting with them very much. but if they fit your game good for you. anything that helps is a plus! keep hittin' 'em well:smile:

I like deflection! I've used it for so long...I can't play without it.:cool:

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
I like deflection! I've used it for so long...I can't play without it.:cool:

that's how i feel as well. i started out with meucci back in the late 80's and those things are all about deflecting the ball. the shafts i use now are made by the dick neighbors who made my cue. i just can't shoot well with an ld shaft. but what i said to the op i really mean. some people just shoot lights out with an ld shaft and if that's the case then that's what they should use. it's all about what you like and what makes you comfortable. because that's what will make you play better.

blah blah

Shoebat

The first sentence in that post makes my eyes cross.

I don't even think I'm straying much off the topic when I share this link here.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member

Hmmmmmm...'cuz you're used to them? I am thrilled for you that you have found the 'holy grail' of shafts. Personally, I think that when you spend good money for a particular cue, part of the reason for the desire is/should be because of the way that the shaft(s) are tapered to compliment the butt of the cue....it is what made the cue desirable to begin with.

And while you may take offense for someone doggin' your choice of LD shafts...I take an equal amount of offense by people trying to shove the merits of LD shafts down my throat.

Lisa

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I will admit that Predator shafts are the best EVER marketed shaft in the pool industry.

I will admit that Predator is one of the top 10 pieces of PLYWood ever built (for pool)

I will also admit that the consistency of Predator shafts (repeatable performance from one shaft to another) is unparalleled. Plywood is plywood.

Call me crazy.. see if I care.

Gee Tom,

Can you imagine how difficult it must have been for all the legendary old timers of our game having to play with just a milled down length of natural hardwood? With just a compressed piece of leather for a tip. Wow, a short length of Ivory for a ferrule as well. They must have suffered greatly. Isn't technology wonderful!

I'm not sure what the truth is. Another poster on this thread mentioned marketing. Perhaps thats it. Does someone want to dig up Wimpy and ask what he thinks:rolleyes:?

Lyn

9bizzle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

To me, it looks like the whole end of his post is missing. First, he dogs on those who are not fans of Predators, or LD shafts in general, then he fails to elaborate on what happened last night that makes his opinion so strong.:shrug:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ya, i would love to hear what happened to him last night.........

Was travelling circus of midgets in town???

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
Hey everyone sorry for the incomplete post, I posted the original message on my IPOD on the fly haven't had the time to reply since.

But, I went to the pool hall last Monday and while I was waiting for a friend of mine to show up, I saw another friend of mine and decided to play a few games. So what's wrong with that you may ask, well I didn't have my cue's with me so I just grabbed one off the wall. Well everything went fine until I needed to make a shot with english, I didn't make a single shot where I applied any english unless the object ball was damn near already in the pocket. Any cut shots with english missed. I can normally cut the ball off the rail with the cue ball at a complete right angle to the object ball, using side spin, I was missing the ball by 3" inches.

So If that doesn't show the power of a Predator shaft, or any other LD shaft I don't know what other proof someone would need. I'm Strong 6 in both 8 ball and 9 ball almost a 7 in both, so I know my way around the table.

Just sharing, I've alway's believed the hype I just never knew how much my game depended on what I've learned to use.

BC :cool:

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The "...what I've learned to use..." part is the important part. I use LD shafts - not Predators. I use OB & Cash Cues ferrule-less shafts. I have a big custom coming this year, and that cue maker will be one of the few I would trust to get away with making a conventional shaft/cue taper combo to fit my liking. MY liking - without having to go thru a serious adjustment period. I want long term consistency.
I don't dog anyone for their choice of shaft. If it works for you - use it. LD, conventional, whatever.

Last edited: