Pool Table ID

BigCaddy

We've been planning a pool table for the one area of our home for years. just haven't ever taken the steps.

I was offered this table for free. I have to obviously transport it and was thinking of hiring someone to do it. They quoted me $500 to drive 40 miles, tear down, drive 40 miles back and set it up.

Outside dimensions are 98"x55"
I don't know the brand.

Is it worth getting? I prefer decent quality stuff. I'm hoping it's not junk. But I hate to pass up free.

Any info on the brand of table? I imagine its laminate oak.

Thanks for the time.

49860379676_1b0b83d1c7_b.jpg

49860688362_e7fe21ac87_b.jpg

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I’d pass on this one. In my opinion the 500 bucks the mechanic quoted you is a fair price for moving and setup of that table.

Looks like the typical honeycomb, or 3/4” slate table with mostly particle board with faux oak/ash laminate. IMHO you can do much better, even though this one is free. There are plenty of decent used 1” slate and mostly solid hardwood tables out there for a few hundred bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BigCaddy

Thanks. Thats what I figured. I'm gonna pass on this one. I prefer darker color and a little more character.

Tom

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
might not even be slate. dont ever buy and you are buying. something you cannot tell the brand. there is a reason why they dont put the brand name on it. its junk.