Escapes

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watch, amazed, by some of the escapes these guys (professionals) make when snookered. How do they so accurately predict where the cue ball will go? I know when I play them, it's just a somewhat guess, where these guys, even when they miss, it is almost always very very close. Is there some system they are using, or is it just years and years of playing that it has become second nature to them?

acesinc1999

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watch, amazed, by some of the escapes these guys (professionals) make when snookered. How do they so accurately predict where the cue ball will go? I know when I play them, it's just a somewhat guess, where these guys, even when they miss, it is almost always very very close. Is there some system they are using, or is it just years and years of playing that it has become second nature to them?

I don't believe the term "system" exists anywhere in the snooker vernacular. There is but a single path to success with no shortcuts available: dedication, practice, and hitting millions of balls.

There are of course very general patterns that anyone can see if they have carried a cue for at least a couple hours and if they have a habit of usually walking around with their eyes in the open position but of course the beauty of the artform is to massage those patterns with proper power and spin to arrive at the needed destination.

People often marvel at the talent of these players and wish that somehow they could hit balls so well in their own game. I would suggest that you could hit so well. Simply dedicate at least seven or eight hours a day to exercises and patterns. Occasionally, I will allow you a day, maybe even a weekend off. Then, after about five years or so, you will be all set to lose in the first round qualifiers.

It's a job and grind to get that good.

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am going to tell all the pool players the secrets:

No sights on the table to distract the shooter. :D
No practice on the tournament table prior to play. :D :D