Two Gina Quality Ferrules

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got no traction in the Wanted Forum soooo, I thought I'd try here:

Cracked a ferrule and had a mechanic at a tournament replace the ferrule.

Big mistake. I ended up with a yellow ferrule with black lines in the grain. Rather than argue with the guy, I am now looking for two (one to install and another for backup) white, no black lines or yellow ferrules.

The grain should be *barely* noticeable.

Lou Figueroa

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
Got no traction in the Wanted Forum soooo, I thought I'd try here:

Cracked a ferrule and had a mechanic at a tournament replace the ferrule.

Big mistake. I ended up with a yellow ferrule with black lines in the grain. Rather than argue with the guy, I am now looking for two (one to install and another for backup) white, no black lines or yellow ferrules.

The grain should be *barely* noticeable.

Lou Figueroa

I know a guy. I think he might have installed ferrules on your Gina shafts before. He even has the tooling so the proprietary threads on the shaft don't have to be altered (unless the previous mechanic already did)

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a guy. I think he might have installed ferrules on your Gina shafts before. He even has the tooling so the proprietary threads on the shaft don't have to be altered (unless the previous mechanic already did)

lol, I know that guy, Murray!

And he does great work.

I have a local guy, who is a very good mechanic, checking a source for me. If that doesn't pan out I will be contacting *that guy.* I'll know by Thursday. After the work the tournament guy did I'm guessing he fooked with the threads.

Lou Figueroa