BK Rush Review

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
IMHO and that of many others as well, the break shot is what separates the sheep from the wolves. Yes in all games there will come a time when a particular shot is critical....but the break is always critical. I've been reading reviews, comments from top players, insight from instructors, and just the everyday mans opinions, most if not all, feel the same. Not surprising then, the number of posts inquiring as to the "BEST".
I have tried many but have never been as impressed as I was with the new BK Rush. For me this is as good as it gets....I can consistently spread the balls wide and aquire center table position with the use of power. Might be the new tip material....might be the carbon ld shaft, might be the laminated butt.....or a combination of all three. The Hype is real in the advertisements. If you ever have the chance to try one....DO SO.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMHO and that of many others as well, the break shot is what separates the sheep from the wolves. Yes in all games there will come a time when a particular shot is critical....but the break is always critical. I've been reading reviews, comments from top players, insight from instructors, and just the everyday mans opinions, most if not all, feel the same. Not surprising then, the number of posts inquiring as to the "BEST".
I have tried many but have never been as impressed as I was with the new BK Rush. For me this is as good as it gets....I can consistently spread the balls wide and aquire center table position with the use of power. Might be the new tip material....might be the carbon ld shaft, might be the laminated butt.....or a combination of all three. The Hype is real in the advertisements. If you ever have the chance to try one....DO SO.

How about we nee up some time and let me try out that magic break cue. :grin-square:

Do you still go to old Whitten since they moved ? Haven't run into you in a while.

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
Just signed up for APA league forming there.....Hope to get on a WED. night 8 ball team. Have not played seriously in about 2 years. I would be happy to let you try the worlds greatest break cue....lol

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just signed up for APA league forming there.....Hope to get on a WED. night 8 ball team. Have not played seriously in about 2 years. I would be happy to let you try the worlds greatest break cue....lol

I am I dire need of a player or 2 on friday night double jeapordy . We play on Friday nights. Sure could use you.. I only have 4 players and we have 5 man teams.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I should give you a heads up on what to expect from a single format division.

If you have more than 5 players some will be there all night just to find out they are not playing. That dos not bother some people but it seems to do so for the majority. Some have the attitude. why did you let me sit here all night if you ere not going to play me.

Well the answer is the captain may not have an idea who is playing the last match until he sees how the matches are going and who the opposing team has left.

That's why I prefer double jeapordy. .. 8 and 9 ball both. I am going to make sure every one who shows plays at least one match.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
QUOTE "IMHO and that of many others as well, the break shot is what separates the sheep from the wolves."UNQUOTE This statement has kept me in business for 17 years.

It is the truth, if the truth were ever spoken. In most situations, the break shot is the deciding factor. When you are at the table breaking & you don't make a ball or don't have a shot, you may be done. I'd venture to say that having a good break shot, is like being able to use a Mulligan in every game you play.

I will have a check around with my customers about this BK RUSH Cue. I don't play competition Pool anymore, I'm almost 76.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will have a check around with my customers about this BK RUSH Cue. I don't play competition Pool anymore, I'm almost 76.

I tried and tried. I never good a good consistent break with BK Rush. I went back to my Mezz. I wanted to like it. I really did. But it has no feel for me at all.

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
I tried and tried. I never good a good consistent break with BK Rush. I went back to my Mezz. I wanted to like it. I really did. But it has no feel for me at all.

Same. Won a Rush in a Facebook "giveaway". Tried it, hated it. Got rid of it in another "giveaway". The one I had was wrapless, and I heard the sport grip one is the nuts. Maybe that makes a difference, I don't know. The damn thing has no feel, and it's nearly impossible to get any flex in the shaft at my ideal breaking speed. I had a purpleheart break shaft made for me, it breaks pretty good. I'm still waiting on getting the ferrule replaced and a new tip on my regular break shaft. It's still the best I ever had. Solid maple, was made to be a playing cue. I put a Hammerhead on it, breaks better than any dedicated break cue I've ever tried. I break so good with it that people actually comment on how well I break.