Where to PLAY in Morristown, NJ today?

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would anyone be able to recommend a place to shoot for a few hours while we're in downtown Morristown, NJ?

Thank you!

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I'm sure a room called Malarkeys is near. Played there once when SBX was on. :thumbup:

I think you are thinking of Markley's in Norristown, PA.

As far as I know, there are no poolhalls in Morristown. Maybe you can find a bar table, but I'm not sure.

Eric

DirtyJersey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Rockaway Billiards would be the closest pool hall to you in Morristown. It's on route 46 west in Rockaway. If you want to eat while you're shooting pool you might want to try Q-time sports bar in Parsippany on route 46 east. Rockaway really doesn't have food, just snacks. Q-time has a bar and food.

Last edited:

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you are thinking of Markley's in Norristown, PA.

As far as I know, there are no poolhalls in Morristown. Maybe you can find a bar table, but I'm not sure.

Eric

That'll be the one!
AMERICA...
...She's a big country
:thumbup:

Azurexia

Registered
The nearest pool hall is 15-20 mins away north by car. Rockaway Billiards is a decent room.

353 U.S. 46, Rockaway, NJ 07866

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone recall Towne Billiards in Morristown? It was a great room run by Henry Harnish. My first exposure to a real room was at Henry's place, around 1980, and it was terrific. There were some really good players there, everyone was friendly, Henry ran monthly A and B level straight pool tournaments, and he had a nice pro shop downstairs. I bought a Josswest cue from Henry that I own to this day. There were some great nicknames there, including three Bobs -- Hippie Bob, Jersey Bob, and . . . I can't remember the third one.

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just remembered -- the third Bob was Friendly Bob (because he worked at Friendly's restaurant). I think he played with a Balabushka.