SBE Pro am event

riding9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do the top level pros enter the proam event? Just trying to find out who plays in this.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
The event is open to anyone who puts down the $315 entry fee. You can expect to see several of the pros knocked out of the ten ball event as well as most of the top "amateurs" on the east coast :p ;) .

Lyn

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The event is open to anyone who puts down the $315 entry fee. You can expect to see several of the pros knocked out of the ten ball event as well as most of the top "amateurs" on the east coast :p ;) .

Lyn

Couldn't have phrased this more appropriately! :)

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
RKC will be along at any moment to tell us how Pros shouldn't have to play with amateurs, or any other pro that doesn't pass his "skill" test, oops, I mean be in the top 16 in the world on his lol "skill" test.
Jason

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They can and do. I played in it one year. I lost in the first round but it was to a player who’s won the amature , won the pro am and cashes in the pro’s . I beat him the first set 7-2 then lost 7-5 7-6. One of the few times I wasn’t upset about losing. I had been putting more effort then ever in my game and I wanted to find out if I could compete and I could.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I watched Billy Thorpe in it last year.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do the top level pros enter the proam event? Just trying to find out who plays in this.
To clarify, the pro-am is not a scotch doubles tournament matching an amateur player with a pro player, but is just a singles event where pro players and amateur players are in the field, no handicaps, and randomly matched up?

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
To clarify, the pro-am is not a scotch doubles tournament matching an amateur player with a pro player, but is just a singles event where pro players and amateur players are in the field, no handicaps, and randomly matched up?

That is correct Chris. Race to 6. Best two of three sets. SINGLE elimination.

Lyn