Gulyassy player shafts

upindaklub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looking for some feedback on Gulyassy player shafts. Anyone who owns or has hit with them I would appreciate you sharing your thoughts and observations.

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mg,,,,,,,,,,,,!

I own 4 of his cues,,,2 players and 2 break/jump,,,

I had him make some extra shafts along the way,,,,Mike can do anything and better than anyone,,,!!

He's been a pro player representing the U.S.A on ''The Mosconi Team'' and knows pool and cues inside out,,,,

Make sure you get the ''Shaft Freeze'',,,

Like ''Freddy The Beard '' would say,,,,,''You can thank me later''

Alan Ende

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I've been shooting with a 30" SPTX shaft for the better part of a year...LOVE IT!!! Best feel, action and lowest deflection (for a standard shaft) of anything I've ever shot with. Period.

Rumplestiltzkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gulyassy Shafts...

Mike Gulyassy is one of the best in the business IMO. I have owed two of his cues and I once put an 8 pack of 8 ball together in a bar table event on valley 7 footers with one of his standard shafts. I have kicked myself for years for selling that cue. It was a zircote forearm, 4 AAAAA maple points w/ malachite inlays and reverse pattern in the butt w/ moori med 12.75 mm 29" shafts. What a cue..

Catamount

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have two of his SPTX shafts, one on a custom he made for me, and one I use with different butts. They play great, and I love the taper. the shaft freeze coating works great. If you want a solid maple LD shaft, you'll have a hard time finding anything better.

tedkaufman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a few of Mike's cues and with the lasted, a sweet bocote cue, with curly maple handle and Mike's SPTX shaft. It's a terrific playing cue. The shaft surprised me a lot. I expected it to be whippy with little resonance. But the exact opposite is true. It has excellent feel and very low deflection. I highly recommend Mike's cues and especially this shaft. I also recomment "Shaft Freeze." It stiffens the shaft and makes it so easy to care for.

edd

Trance Doc
Silver Member
I essentially have the SPTX taper on the custom break cue he made for me. It's a great taper! I plan to have him make me one for my custom Josey that I should be getting soon. As has been mentioned, be sure to get the shaft freeze applied to it.

twal

"W"
Silver Member
I think he makes a great playing shaft.
He is a great guy to work with.
Got me mine earlier than promised :D
Happy customer.

He will customize the sahft just for you.
Once size does not fit all.
It is great to have a cue maker that will make what the customer wants and not just what the builder has.

Get one of his shafts, you will not be disappointed.

ascreech

Registered
Sptx

I ordered a 29" SPTX with 12.5 mm tip in Oct. 2012. I have small hands, and the extended taper has helped me using a closed bridge when using a long bridge. The same for longer rail bridge shots; the tip stays the same height thought the shot. (I was previously using a euro/conical taper ld shaft, which tended to stick in a closed bridge. I never like rail bridging with it, either.) I also really like the solid feel of the shaft. Everyone who's tried it has liked it.

If you choose to order any of Mike's shafts, you just need to let him know the length, pin, joint diameter (.01 of an inch!), and joint collar; he'll make whatever you want. He'll put on whatever tip you want, too. And like a previous poster, mine was delivered earlier than anticipated. I don't think you could go wrong.

- Andrew

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one a little over a year ago because I was curious. I play with an ob classic pro. I tried it a couple times and put it away. Monday the tip popped off my ob and I'm out of a cue for at least two weeks. So I pulled out the shaft and shot with it last night. All I can say is wow. That thing (the sptx) is just amazing. It hits like a hammer. I had a couple guys try it and they were amazed.

I would recommend trying one for sure.

Rumplestiltzkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have this beautiful MG custom for sale for $650 anyone interested should PM me.. This is before I sent mike the shaft.. I had him install a Kamui black SS and spray a new finish on just the shaft collar. Cue is MINT MINT MINT..

Attachments

• mg front.jpg
    mg front.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 611