Stain on Simonis 860

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might anyone have a recommendation for how to remove a stain (2 to 3 inches in diameter) on Simonis 860 caused by spilling of Windex? One attempt using hot water and a microfiber towel didn't result in much improvement (some, but not much). Thanks in advance for your input.

JZMechanix

Silver Member
Simonis says to do this...

Take a quart of water and 1 – 2 teaspoons ( not tablespoons) of woolite. Swish it around with a micro fiber cloth that has been wrung out tightly and wipe down entire table. Make sure the table has been lightly vacuumed and brushed first. You can rinse and repeat the process, but the the key is to make sure the micro fiber cloth is wrung out tight every time.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I'm thinking maybe just spill Windex on the rest of the table, that way it will all be the same color and you will not be able to spot the stain..;)

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take a quart of water and 1 – 2 teaspoons ( not tablespoons) of woolite. Swish it around with a micro fiber cloth that has been wrung out tightly and wipe down entire table. Make sure the table has been lightly vacuumed and brushed first. You can rinse and repeat the process, but the the key is to make sure the micro fiber cloth is wrung out tight every time.

Thanks for your input. I will try this approach and report back. Regards.

tsp&b

Silver Member
Seth, Please report back with your results as others will be interested.

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious how the cleaning went. Thank you.

With apologies to Todd and Andrew (and anyone else who was interested) for this feedback being REALLY belated, my report on the Windex stain is that I'm the beneficiary of one of life's best experiences: you leave a problem untended for long enough and it takes care of itself! Seriously -- the stain faded away on its own, over the course of about a year. As I think I mentioned in a prior post, I did hit it with a wetted cloth the day of the spill, but after that I did nothing. The visible stain just faded away. Lucky.

Seth.

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
If blood gets on the cloth use a small amount of hydrogen peroxide ... don't ask :frown: