A Bearhug of Appreciation Goes Out To Madhatter44

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been searching for a 14.1 pool scorer and located & started using the Mitchell Jarad Snooker Scorekkeper.
It works OK except it doesn't keep track of the current rack score that one can track by memory but it's a bother.

Madhatter44 made this scorer for himself and for the local pool hall he plays at. It is the perfect design for 14.1.
He kindly offered to make me since he is a straight pool afficienado & so he knows how it should be designed.

It is perfectly suited for 14.1 and as soon as it arrived yesterday, I took it to Blue Fin Billiards for some 14.1 play.
It was an instant hit with other players and we also used it to keep track when we played King of the Hill races.
The Mitchell Jarad slide scorer is now being used as it was originally intended, a snooker scorekeeping device.

Thank you Don.

Matt B,

Attachments

• !4.1 Scorekeepr (Don Goldman).jpg
    !4.1 Scorekeepr (Don Goldman).jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 262
  • !4.1 Scorekeepr (Mitchell Jarad).jpg
    !4.1 Scorekeepr (Mitchell Jarad).jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 264

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a lot of apps for your phone or tablet that work well. Billiard buddy is the one I use.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The phone and tablet apps offer more details about the game but basic scoring is really
all that’s needed....rack score and game score...and this simple design fits the bill perfectly.
And it looks cool and is easily viewable by both players with a dash of nostalgia thrown in.

Matt B.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a lot of apps for your phone or tablet that work well. Billiard buddy is the one I use.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

Nice.

Pencil and paper get the job done, too.

I actually prefer it to the built in mechanisms because you don't have a guy hanging around the end of table after his turn, counting to himself, and fiddling with the scorer.