Joining/forming teams for BCAPL Championships?

JMiller1975

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone used azbilliards to try and find a team to join or Scotch Doubles partner to go to the BCAPL Championships (or any tournament really)?

I’m asking because I’ve been wanting to go, but everyone here in Northern California, that I’ve asked, either has a team already, or can’t go for various reasons. Right now I’m lucky because my Fargo is a little low at 582 although I expect it to be closer to 650 by the time Vegas comes around next month as I’ve been playing in more tournaments trying to get established.

Anyway, let me know if you’ve ever used AZB, or Craigslist, Facebook, or whatever to find teammates, and if so, what your experience was like. Thanks.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone used azbilliards to try and find a team to join or Scotch Doubles partner to go to the BCAPL Championships (or any tournament really)?

I’m asking because I’ve been wanting to go, but everyone here in Northern California, that I’ve asked, either has a team already, or can’t go for various reasons. Right now I’m lucky because my Fargo is a little low at 582 although I expect it to be closer to 650 by the time Vegas comes around next month as I’ve been playing in more tournaments trying to get established.

Anyway, let me know if you’ve ever used AZB, or Craigslist, Facebook, or whatever to find teammates, and if so, what your experience was like. Thanks.

As far as getting established for BCAPL Nationals, you are required to play 8 weeks of league to get 40 games minimum. Tournaments have nothing to do with getting to Nationals.
I know the team requirements have changed and they opened up who can be on a team. It used to be limited to just players from your own league. Now you can get players from other areas for Nationals. I don't know all the details of that.
If you got established from a League in a different state and moved to NorCal recently, maybe you can still play on your old team? An option.....

JMiller1975

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m on a team now and I’m sanctioned through BCA to play in the Championships. I just don’t have a team that can go to Vegas. As far as playing tournaments goes, it does matter if you want to have an accurate Fargo rate because my league doesn’t use the BCA’s special software which would help establish our Fargo. Also, your Fargo rating is how they determine which division you’re ultimately put in.

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's my understanding that if you are established you can play with any other established players - regardless of area. If you're not established you have to be on a team that played a certain amount of games together, not sure about that last part or the specifics if you're NOT established.

And I see a lot of people use the FB group "Western BCA Player's Group (Official)" to find partners and/or teams.

JMiller1975

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's my understanding that if you are established you can play with any other established players - regardless of area. If you're not established you have to be on a team that played a certain amount of games together, not sure about that last part or the specifics if you're NOT established.

And I see a lot of people use the FB group "Western BCA Player's Group (Official)" to find partners and/or teams.

Thanks Chili, I'll look them up

JMiller1975

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apparently, the rules are that I'm allowed to find a Scotch Doubles partner from any state as long as they're sanctioned, but if I want to play on a team, it must be from my state and at least two original team members have to be playing at all times. And that's only for Platinum 8-ball. So I guess I'm only looking for a Scotch Doubles partner (from anywhere) or an 8-ball platinum team from California that needs a player. If anyone is interested or knows someone who needs a player, let me know. Thanks

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Chili, I'll look them up

I saw you pop in there and ask yesterday :thumbup:

Apparently, the rules are that I'm allowed to find a Scotch Doubles partner from any state as long as they're sanctioned, but if I want to play on a team, it must be from my state and at least two original team members have to be playing at all times. And that's only for Platinum 8-ball. So I guess I'm only looking for a Scotch Doubles partner (from anywhere) or an 8-ball platinum team from California that needs a player. If anyone is interested or knows someone who needs a player, let me know. Thanks

Thanks for clarifying that, I knew there was something goofy with the team portion.