Veneers

Mase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am looking for some .020 veneers. Most of the ones I have seen are thicker. Anyone help me out.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might help to understand:

type material?
aprox sizes w x l?
quantity?

Making veneer last week in satinwood, ebony, mahogany, poplar crossbanding, and BEM. Some at .027"; most at .040" Can go down to .020; but make it myself generally to get thicker, lol.

smt

Mase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not looking for large quantities. Probably 10 sheets of each of 3 colours. Most of what I have are dyed sycamore. Looking for black, orange and purple.
The sheets I have currently are either 12" x 11" or 12" x 6".

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, can't do dyed.
Making various natural wood veneers & banding, small quantities 4" to 11" wide , for repair antique Brunswick.

Your specs could help someone else help you. Good luck!

smt

PS, I wonder if Prather can reduce the thickness on their veneers - worth an ask. As long as they are over about a 1 ft long and the machine is in top condition, you can just run them through a widebelt. Don't use coarser than 120g at that thickness, maybe 150. But don't go too fine, either or the heat will cause the veneer to buckle and shred. About .003 off per pass with new sharp belt. It's tricky under .030", but can be done in a machine that is optimized for the application.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I am not looking for large quantities. Probably 10 sheets of each of 3 colours. Most of what I have are dyed sycamore. Looking for black, orange and purple.
The sheets I have currently are either 12" x 11" or 12" x 6".

check your local Woodcraft store, they tend to be around .02" but colors are limited.
Dave

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Send a PM to CueSupply.com user on here, they have .020 dyed sycamore available with a 2-week lead time