Eight Points All Different

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Are any of ya'll familiar with cues deliberately constructed with points of different lengths?

I have been given a cue that has eight points, with veneers, which follow two patterns and all of the points are of subtantially different lengths. (Being completely unfamiliar with such, I have taken to calling, or considering, them "party points").

Pattern A: Overall lengths 22, 21, 19, and 20.5 cm

Pattern B: Overall lengths 13.5, 11.5, 12, and 13.5 cm

If anyone can help, I'd like to know what this is called, are there other examples of such cues, and, if there are others, what cuemakers are known to have made them.

I've had many cues in my hands over a long time -- I know them. This is a good cue produced by capable hands -- not junk.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would venture to say that no one deliberately attempted to make all the points uneven.

Perhaps someone's early attempt to build a cue with that many points.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Do you know anyone who makes/made them?

Seems to me that "spiral" is an accurate description if the progression was all up or all down but the progression is up and down.

Thanks for info.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you know anyone who makes/made them?

Seems to me that "spiral" is an accurate description if the progression was all up or all down but the progression is up and down.

Thanks for info.

Anyone who cuts points can do it. The problem is. To you it might seem cool. To everyone else, it's flawed and not worth the hit at the end of the day.
Just my opinion
I don't know anyone willing to do it.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
This cue was a gift to me -- its real value, to me, stems from this fact alone. I did not choose or select it, so "cool" was not a consideration. I am trying to find out about it because I have never seen or heard of such and curiousity always motivates me.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I have "restarted" this thread in Main Forum. If you care to comment, please do so in Main Forum. Thank you.