Jacoby Box Cue Review

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
Mr. Jacoby helped me come up with a simple cue design that represented my preferences. The product far exceeded my expectations for beauty and playability.

I have bought cues from many cuemakers but found very few who listen as well as David Jacoby. Whether you love it or hate it, I am happy to say that this cue is exactly what I asked for. High figure birdseye with natural color, 64 ivory inlays, jigsawed together, with all dimensions of the cue exact to my player preferences.

So often a cuemaker will turn a handle thin or substitue a different linnen color...Mr. Jacoby remembered it all and delivered. Tight grained shaft wood, white with double black spec linnen pressed the way I want it...even the ivory dot on the 2nd matching joint protector.

I ran the first rack I played with the cue and shot well across a 10 hour session. I'm really impressed with this cue's playability. The hit is quiet and very precise. This cue is a home run and I would recommend David Jacoby's work to anyone.

Jacoby Custom Cues, Inc.
309 Market Street
Nekoosa, WI 54457
(715) 886-2900

MVC-008F-1.jpg

MVC-006F-3.jpg

sneakypete1011

stroke it
Silver Member
cue is beautiful, gian was nice enough to let me bang some balls with hit, and like he said, hits quiet and precise.
Beautiful cue and good luck from a fellow jacoby cue owner
see you around gian!

ps. hey my birthday is coming up... that cue would be a nice gift!

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I see Dave Jacoby at the US Open every year and he's a very nice person to talk to. He has a number of cues for sale at the Open each year and some interesting designs. I almost bought a cue from him in 2006 and I wish i'd gone ahead and bought the cue. It was a special model that had some of the nicest looking interlocking diamonds in the butt sleeve that i've seen. I also thought he was very fair on his prices compared to a lot of cues you see for sale.

James

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
any close up of the box

I could see some lines inside the box .. not sure if it's pattern or what? Any insight to this?

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
Close up of the box

Jazz said:
I could see some lines inside the box .. not sure if it's pattern or what? Any insight to this?

Dave calls this "broken ivory" and I thought it was interesting if not entirely original. I expect smaller scrap pieces can be used, thereby saving some ivory and keeping the costs lower...but this is congecture on my part. What is clear is the the broken ivory is a fresh approach. Each rectangle has the same shaped pieces but they are from different parts of the tusk so grain patterns and figure vary. It may not be for everyone, but I liked that it is distinctly Jacoby.

MVC-010S.jpg

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That cue is a stunner in person. The inlay design is great, more interesting than just a sheet of white. Cue hits nice and easy, felt almost like my old Samsara. I'm currently pestering Mr. Drawman to trade me the cue :)