Break Cue Tip

RUMMY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking to get a break cue and I’m interested in hearing everyone’s preference on a tip upgrade. Let’s hear it and why!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking to get a break cue and I’m interested in hearing everyone’s preference on a tip upgrade. Let’s hear it and why!

Tip preference depends on goal, for example, what game do you play the most.....9 ball, 10 ball, AR, 14.1, banks...:

If its 9 ball, is it 9 on spot? If it is, well that in itself will determine what type tip since you are forced to use a cut break. People that that are efficient with cut breaks normally dont use non-leather materials, not to mention, there usually a hair less than "hard".

10 ball, well, most use hardest tip they can handle since power is of the upmost importance when compared to 9 ball.

Then again, if you use templates and play 1 on the spot, well, you dont need a very hard break. In this case, a medium tip is fine.

Me? Well lately I've been playing nothing but 14.1 so, I went to a different tip since I now am not allowed to jump balls, I "have to" masse a lot more. Either that or kick and kicking in 14.1 is suicide for someone at my level.

Also, keep in mind that the harder tips usually last longer and require less maintenance other than scuffing.

So, what break tip is like asking:

Which screwdriver should I buy?

Understand? Depends on which screw your gonna use, which would depend on job:

Sheetrock or building a fence....

Jeff

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think White Diamond Ultras rock.

My nine ball break went dry when my break cue walked off. It was returned at the Saturday tournament. First rack 9, second rack three balls, never dry in seven matches.

Funny thing was while I use a leather tip in 8 ball, I made the black when a friend asked for a practice match.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think White Diamond Ultras rock.

My nine ball break went dry when my break cue walked off. It was returned at the Saturday tournament. First rack 9, second rack three balls, never dry in seven matches.

Funny thing was while I use a leather tip in 8 ball, I made the black when a friend asked for a practice match.
Ditto. Break great, jump good. Easy to keep chalked. For less than 10bux too. I love the one i've got.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
White Diamond here... the nuts. I have two different break cues, both with
White Diamonds, love 'em.:thumbup: