Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Balabushka-copy question...??

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Balabushka-copy question...??
Old
  (#1)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Balabushka-copy question...?? - 02-04-2019, 05:48 AM

I've always thought that the signed 'bushka copies were now all made in China/Taiwan. I recently saw some signed versions sold in Europe that had the thicker joint-rings and are being sold as ADAM-Japan cues. I didn't think ADAM-Japan had anything to do with these anymore.

Old
  (#2)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2019, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
I've always thought that the signed 'bushka copies were now all made in China/Taiwan. I recently saw some signed versions sold in Europe that had the thicker joint-rings and are being sold as ADAM-Japan cues. I didn't think ADAM-Japan had anything to do with these anymore.
Well, got an answer. Apparently the current 'bushka copies ARE made in China/Taiwan. Most likely at the Universal/Hamson factory. ADAM still makes their higher-end stuff in Japan. I used to have one of the Japan-built HOF cues and it was one nice cue. A buddy just got one of the new ones and its ok but nothing like the older ones.

Old
  (#3)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

02-04-2019, 07:03 AM

And they kept the price the same as the made in Japan cues.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Best of the bunch- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#4)
merlin7734
Registered
merlin7734 is on a distinguished road

04-02-2019, 03:02 AM

So which current manufacture cues are Japan made?

Old
  (#5)
garczar
AzB Silver Member

04-02-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin7734 View Post
That's info that's hard to get. They don't list an email address and no way to msg. on FB. From what i've found only the really hi-end Musashi cues are made at the Sayama plant outside of Tokyo. They've had a long working relationship with Tai-can/Universal and almost all their cues are made by them.

Old
  (#6)
gogg
AzB Silver Member
gogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond repute

04-02-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin7734 View Post
Mezz.... I dont know about any others

Even a bad day at the table is better than a good day at work!

A man, as a general rule,owes very little to what he is born with.
A man is what he makes of himself.
Alexander Graham Bell

Old
  (#7)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

04-02-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Adam is the company. The source of manufacture is another matter.

In the US we have laws and regulations about how products are labeled regarding their manufacture, I expect those laws vary around the world though.

I have seen you after this topic for a while now. Why does it matter to you so much? Just curious.

For a while now we have differentiated these cues based on the thickness of the metal rings, but I have never thought that was absolute. Too easy to change materials like that. Simple really. Just order a batch of thicker rings, or make them.

What are you hoping to find?

I think they have always been overpriced new and used because of the name. I wouldn't mind having one, but even used GB cues from people that don't know cues are overpriced because they look up the name. If I find one cheap I'll buy it, but I am talking half or less than the going rate. Maybe a third or less.

Are you hoping to find a new one made in Japan?

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#8)
CGM
One Ball Runner
CGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond repute

04-02-2019, 03:43 PM

I just got a Bushka copy Adam Im pretty sure is from china. Its not great. Save your money or you will regret it.

I do a hell of a job working around the holes.
Trust me aimings not your problem

Old
  (#9)
garczar
AzB Silver Member

04-02-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Adam is the company. The source of manufacture is another matter.

In the US we have laws and regulations about how products are labeled regarding their manufacture, I expect those laws vary around the world though.

I have seen you after this topic for a while now. Why does it matter to you so much? Just curious.

For a while now we have differentiated these cues based on the thickness of the metal rings, but I have never thought that was absolute. Too easy to change materials like that. Simple really. Just order a batch of thicker rings, or make them.

What are you hoping to find?

I think they have always been overpriced new and used because of the name. I wouldn't mind having one, but even used GB cues from people that don't know cues are overpriced because they look up the name. If I find one cheap I'll buy it, but I am talking half or less than the going rate. Maybe a third or less.

Are you hoping to find a new one made in Japan?

I have my reasons, that's all.

Old
  (#10)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

04-02-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
I have my reasons, that's all.
Fair enough.

I am personally curious in what you find. These cues have their own history and evolution, name aside.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: