Playing for money

N

Nineball Tim

Im just wondering if anyone has any good storys on some high stakes gambling action? I live in WI and theres not to many pros around the area or large tourneys so I never get a chance to see much.I bought a tape off a guy that taped Alex Pagulyan and Keith McCready playing 10 ball for 2 grand a set which was pretty interesting. If anyone has gambled against a pro that would be some interesting stuff also.Thanks

T

torment

about 3 years ago Cliff Joyner came into town and gambled with the best one pocket player in the area(at the time)........they played 3 consecutive days starting with Cliff spotting 10-7......by the third day, the spot was 11-7 and the breaks and that seemed to be a pretty fair game...they were playing races to 3 for 500 with plenty of side action....at the end of it all, Cliff and his crew left about 3500 to the good....i have a couple Accu-Stats tapes of Cliff in tournament matches, but he really shines when hes in action......firing in full table banks when the other guy has 3 or 4 apples by his pocket....very entertaining

N

Nineball Tim

Ive seen a few tapes with Cliff and have heard hes a good gambler,I talked to one of my buddys Sat and he shot in a 5man bar table tourney in northern Wi last week and Larry Nevel was up there playing on a team. According to my friend Larry was pretty much mopping up on everybody playing for money

dennis

Living To Learn!
What do you expect I ve seen this kid shoot @ the carom room,HE *is* a machine!You will see greater things out of him now ranked 14th overall!In fact if straight pool is the game I would go out on a limb and venture a wild statement that he is probably 4th or 5th in the world??!later,dennis

T

torment

a friend of mine beat Jose Parica out of 2000 playing one pocket getting 10-6.....the bet was 400 a game and they played after one of the Falcon tour events about 2 months ago....im also glad to see Max Eberle finally do well enough as a pro to move to Ca. and be a house pro because he tortured all the rest of us in Nothern Virginia long enough