What do you guys think of this?

gcos

I have access to a building on the outskirts of a small town in Georgia. The population is approx 3,000.

I was thinking of starting a bar/pool hall.

There would be no rent and I know someone willing to let me use their tables. 9 valley bar boxes.

A beer license would only cost about $600/year & table licenses are $25/table.

The building is a former factory (27,000 sqft) and is zoned industrial. Will this be a deal breaker?

I have a 30x80 room walled off. Was thinking about throwing 6-8 tables in there. Building a bar and maybe a live music stage. Since I have no rent, I could only open on weekends and work all the hours myself.

Is there money in this kind of setup? I can get people in there. Playing pool, playing cards, drinking beer, they'll come for that. Where are the areas for profit. Is there any money in selling beer, hot dogs, chips, ect? Can I stop by Walmart and buy beer to resell?

BTW, Hello. I'm new here. Name's gcos. Been playing pool seriously for about 15 years. Not quite good enough to make a living and not quite bad enough to quit :)

mmedford

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have access to a building on the outskirts of a small town in Georgia. The population is approx 3,000.

There would be no rent and I know someone willing to let me use their tables. 9 valley bar boxes.

The building is a former factory (27,000 sqft) and is zoned industrial. Will this be a deal breaker?

I have a 30x80 room walled off. Was thinking about throwing 6-8 tables in there. Building a bar and maybe a live music stage. Since I have no rent, I could only open on weekends and work all the hours myself.

Is there money in this kind of setup? I can get people in there. Playing pool, playing cards, drinking beer, they'll come for that. Where are the areas for profit. Is there any money in selling beer, hot dogs, chips, ect? Can I stop by Walmart and buy beer to resell?

BTW, Hello. I'm new here. Name's gcos. Been playing pool seriously for about 15 years. Not quite good enough to make a living and not quite bad enough to quit :)

Keep costs low, have good parking & have a good atmosphere.

Find a beer distributor, hire a real cook... give people a reason to come. (Hey we can do dinner and play there).

Find your crowd and you can have a real establishment there.

eddie0776

Bishop Cues
Silver Member

No you can't stop by Walmart and buy beer to sale...the ATF watches everything. You have to have a license to serve beer and the tax man likes to see how much comes in and goes out. Not to mention depending on where you are in Ga, there is generally a 60/40 split you have to show on the books of non beer/beer sales ratio. Where are you at in Ga? 3000 population is not that much, but if you have no overhead in rent you may be able to make some money if the power bill doesn't eat you up.