How do you get video of stream from laptop to TV?

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I've done it before, on differing laptops. But have been stymied the last couple days. I switch the flat screen (not a smart TV) to RGB. No video... I try holding down the Fn key & hit all kinds of F7's, F12, etc. No soup for me!

Any tips? Thanks in advance!

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've done it before, on differing laptops. But have been stymied the last couple days. I switch the flat screen (not a smart TV) to RGB. No video... I try holding down the Fn key & hit all kinds of F7's, F12, etc. No soup for me!

Click right mouse button, go to graphics options, should be an option for multiple monitors....

karppa68

Registered
Nowdays I usually use chromecast. Works excellent for Eurosport player, youtube etc. even streaming from my phone.

Before getting it I just used a hdmi cable from laptop.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Chromecast is the easiest way if you have HDMI. Otherwise HDMI cable. RGB cable works as well. Google it and you will get exact answers for your exact setup.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member

The easiest way of you don't have chromecast is to connect with a hdmi cable. I did it from my phone with a chromecast app and it works pretty slick.
Load the match on YouTube and chromecast from YouTube on your phone to the tv. You can get a chromcast usb stick for $20 or so, plug it in your tv's hdmi port and connect your tv to the Internet via wifi

There's other ways, but this is how I go about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nowdays I usually use chromecast. Works excellent for Eurosport player, youtube etc. even streaming from my phone.

Before getting it I just used a hdmi cable from laptop.

I have a chromecast as well. Great product.

@OP - Lmk if you want one, and I'll sell you an extra one that I have.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chromecast is good. If not that you can connect through a vga cord depending on the ports on your computer and tv