Thinking about Diamond (7ft vs 8ft)

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can also just get new rails for your table. If you have Simonis on it already, it was either installed too loose or your rails are bad. Of course a new table is always nicer, but new rails vs a good quality or used Diamond are like 1/3rd the cost.

GodinSession

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I have seen around where I have lived in my life, unless your playing in a dedicated billiard hall, 90% of the tables are 7ft bar boxes. I honestly don't think I ever seen an 8ft table anywhere other than someone's home.

I live in western pa and 99% the tables in our league are 8 ft. Our APA leagues play mostly in vfd’s and private clubs which almost exclusively have 8 ft tables. That is why I bought my diamond Pro Am 8 ft table. Best purchase of my life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regardless of whether you get a 7’ or 8’ diamond, make sure it will have pro cut pockets. The regional and national tournaments using Diamond 7’ tables all now have 4.5” pro cut pockets. This is one of the the most important features that make a 7’ Diamond unique (vs a Valley table) and plays tougher - more like a bigger table with tight pockets.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The choice really is should I get a 9’ or a 7’ Diamond table?
Once you realize you might not have the recommended space
for a 9’ table, then don’t settle for a 8’ version. Instead get a 7’
table and dress the room appropriately with great ambience,
a flat screen tv and with camera you can film yourself with.

There aren’t many tournaments I’m aware of on the west coast
where 8’ tables are the norm. There are lots for 9’ and 7’ tables
and that’s what several national leagues play on as well. Getting
an 8’ table....IMO.....would be a poor settlement for a 9’ table.
But a 7’ table has become so popular that it seems a better fit.

I completely agree. If you can't fit a 9 footer, go with a 7 footer. I (and most people I know) don't like 8 foot tables. Also, as for resale value, the 7 footer will be much easier to sell in the future.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always say go 7 or 9. You’ll almost never be out and play on a 8 foot table.

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My room could not hold a 9' table and I was ecstatic to find a pro 8' Gold Crown III. I play APA and my room has two 8' valleys with buckets. I had Trent from Toledo extend my rails and the table plays great now. I personally don't like 7' tables but I do have to play on them often.
Paul

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in western pa and 99% the tables in our league are 8 ft. Our APA leagues play mostly in vfd’s and private clubs which almost exclusively have 8 ft tables. That is why I bought my diamond Pro Am 8 ft table. Best purchase of my life!

I thought only Texas was big on 8’ tables. For the most part Texas pool halls suck.

MikeyLittle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 7ft. Diamond and want an 8ft. Diamond. I prefer 8ft. tables to 7ft. I was gonna trade my 7ft. for an 8ft. that a local pool hall had with some money on top but the deal never went through. I’ll find me a 8ft. one at some point.