Suggestions

taozhong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of the guys here have absoulutely stunning cues.. I would like to hear suggestions though, for a wrapless plain jane.. Like what woods to use, etc etc..

All combinations are welcomed.. My current Omen Plain Jane has a Cocobolo forearm and Buttsleve, with Curly Maple handle.. So if you guys could suggest other combinations, it would be great..

Thanks in advance..

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
deep gabon ebony forearm and sleeve with a wrap consisting of 3 segments of highly figured "bright cocobolo separated by gabon ebony and maybe even thin double silver rings on each side of the segments, cap and joint.....or the reverse.....for that forearm and sleeve use a more deep color cocobolo......

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So many possibilities! There are numerous woods that are prone to spectacular pieces that will "carry" a pj.
My one suggestion would be to get your cuemaker involved in the decision based on what he has available, and what he deems...
#1 - the tonal vs aesthetic quality of the particular piece to be,
#2 - the most effective way to bring out the best in that piece of wood, for you.

taozhong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
deep gabon ebony forearm and sleeve with a wrap consisting of 3 segments of highly figured "bright cocobolo separated by gabon ebony and maybe even thin double silver rings on each side of the segments, cap and joint.....or the reverse.....for that forearm and sleeve use a more deep color cocobolo......

Hmmm.. Interesting.. Thanks for your input... More please, more.