my new table, shot a 32

mworkman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine helped me make a new table. We intended on making it tight, with 4" pockets. We screwed up and it turned out to be a little less then 3.75" and cut at 45 deg so they come straight out. It plays super tough, but I'm getting the hang of it and last night got a run of 32. I think this is really helping my game. The last few league nights I've been tearing it up with multiple ERO's. I will try to post some pictures of the table if I can figure out how to do it.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 229
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 231

themack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now this is the kind of table i like to practice straight pool on. Most straight pool players will disagree but I like the pockets small. The one problem i have is the pocket angles, those 45' angle cuts make the pockets a little easier. When they are angled outward more it throws the ball back out, which would make that table incredible tough.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Nice table :)

But my opinion exatly 2balls-width is strong enough. To make technical training a table is super imo- but those pockets are a bit too small to come really *into* stroke.

mworkman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
.44 casings

I forgot to mention that we used .44 casings for the diamonds. On my friends table he used 2008 dimes. I thought that would help make my table more unique.
It can be frustrating shooting on it, but I've been getting good results in competition so I'm happy with it. I don't "play" so to speak at home anyway, I consider it practice, and am not concerned that I'm not getting the high runs that I was getting on my old table.

mworkman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its an 8 footer. 44 X 88. We used a 1 piece slate from an old barbox. We wanted to stick with the 1 piece slate so we wouldnt have to deal with the seams. I had the rough cut Oak which we used which kept the cost down. The rubber for the rails and the leather pockets made up for most of the cost. Also, we used Gorina cloth which seems to play pretty quick. The total cost was less then $500.00 and of course about 3 months of work. :rolleyes: