Derby Rooms seem more expensive this year...

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just booked my room for derby and depending on the night its around $200 or $300 a night...I know there may be some discounts or codes offered in the coming weeks like in the past but as of right now its very pricy. However its usually a sell out so I see why the hotel gets every penny they can!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just booked my room for derby and depending on the night its around $200 or $300 a night...I know there may be some discounts or codes offered in the coming weeks like in the past but as of right now its very pricy. However its usually a sell out so I see why the hotel gets every penny they can!
They have a DCC special rate of $119/nite.

Last edited:

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They have a DCC special rate of $119/nite.

I had heard that also and hope that is the case once I check in (I wanted to make sure I had a room first and foremost). However the lady that booked my rooms said this year there may not be any discounts at all...My guess is they are still paying premiums from the flood earlier in the year! Time will tell I guess.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had heard that also and hope that is the case once I check in (I wanted to make sure I had a room first and foremost). However the lady that booked my rooms said this year there may not be any discounts at all...My guess is they are still paying premiums from the flood earlier in the year! Time will tell I guess.
The disc. code # is on the tournament flyer. https://www.totalrewards.com/reserv...null&isValidOccupancy=null&__cb=1540214817823 I would do it now. SO1DCC9 is the code. I don't think they do it at check-in only in advance.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
When I booked back in Feb, the rooms were $65.00.

What I was told, was, they break them up into blocks of rooms and, as each block is filled, the price goes up..... $200 a night for that hotel is a ripoff for sure.

Echelon

The hill hill thrilla
Silver Member
I just booked yesterday and got the $119 rate. If I had known I could get it for 65 booking a year in advance I would have done that. I would cancel and re-book using the link on the DCC website or call them with the code.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Future reference:

Anyone looking to go to Derby, should book as soon as they release the rooms, which must be less than 12mo away.... I waited 1 week after my buddy paid 61.00. He waited 3 days after a friend of his paid $58.00.....it's crazy. And the goofy part is you have to keep checking daily.

Last edited:

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member