Help! Shipping a GC4 from Georgia to Ohio ?

gmcole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found a table I want to buy but need to find someone to ship it safely and reasonably. I googled "shipping a pool table" but did not find anything useful. I looked into renting a van and picking it up myself but cost is crazy high with gas, hotel, rental all figured in. The seller will crate it up for a charge. Any help much appreciated.
Thanks Jeff

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found a table I want to buy but need to find someone to ship it safely and reasonably. I googled "shipping a pool table" but did not find anything useful. I looked into renting a van and picking it up myself but cost is crazy high with gas, hotel, rental all figured in. The seller will crate it up for a charge. Any help much appreciated.
Thanks Jeff

I moved a GC from southeast PA to southwest MI by contacting a local billiard company in PA and paid them to disassemble and transport it. Cost me labor and mileage. Doing it yourself might be a bit less money; you won't need to pay for crating or pay basically the same transportation expenses (+ a profit) to someone else.
There is no cheap way out to move a Gold Crown that far. It worked out fine for me, I simply assumed the moving cost as part of the purchase price, made the deal, and got the exact table I was seeking. It depends only on what the table is worth to you.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking for a used GC4 also.

Between the price of the table, plus shipping out of state and install(@ $1.5K), maybe new cloth and cushions, and possibly rail work for tighter pockets, it started to add up to too much. Conservative estimates totaling 4500.

You might want to bite the bullet and consider a new Diamond pro-am($5.5K and a free set of cyclops-before shopping), especially being 3.5hrs away. I went that route. Helps support the pool industry as well.