Action in Atlanta/Marietta

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
Headed to Atlanta in a few days on business...

Checking out the forums, this place came up as highly recommended:

Pool Room
1355 Roswell Road Suite 210
Marietta, Georgia 30062
Tel.: 770-579-3388

From what I read, at any given time there are between 25 and 35 players in there.

Is this poolroom known for action?

Thanks,

Flex

P.S. Anybody know what it costs to play there in the evenings?

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
Mr. Cues II is a good place for action. Its off Chamblee Tucker Rd.

Southpaw

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Just say "action", they will come

From what I read, at any given time there are between 25 and 35 players in there.

Thanks,

Flex

------------
Louis Ulrich and Stevie Moore to name a couple will be there, unless they've gone out of town for a "Title Hunt"

S.

ScottW

Fo' shizzle!
Silver Member
That "Pool Room" is now Marietta Billiard Club (Johnny Archer and Kim Davenport bought in some months back).

Cue's is probably a better place for action, though.

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
ScottW said:
That "Pool Room" is now Marietta Billiard Club (Johnny Archer and Kim Davenport bought in some months back).

Cue's is probably a better place for action, though.

Cue's looks like the place to go.

They have a one-pocket tournament on Wednesdays.

Do you know what the format, cost and so on are?

Are the tables there shimmed, or normal?

Checking out their website, I didn't notice any info on rates. What can I expect when I drop by?

Thanks!

Flex

ScottW

Fo' shizzle!
Silver Member
The tables they run tournaments on are pretty tight, I've rattled countless balls on those corners.

If the one-pocket tournament is run about the same as others, expect a $20 fee.

You found Cue's website - I'd just call'em and ask what the fees are. They vary based on day/time of day.

I don't hang out there myself usually so I couldn't tell you when the good times are to show up.

trey

Registered
The Pool Room in Duluth has some action available most nights as well. They have a few triple shim 9 footers, where some money can be found.

socks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Flex said:
Headed to Atlanta in a few days on business...

Checking out the forums, this place came up as highly recommended:

Pool Room
1355 Roswell Road Suite 210
Marietta, Georgia 30062
Tel.: 770-579-3388

Thanks,

Flex

P.S. Anybody know what it costs to play there in the evenings?

http://www.mariettabilliardclub.com

its like $5 hr single and $10 hr 2+ with 10% off for league players. can get some decent action there, though everyone else is correct that you'd prolly do better at cues2 http://www.mrcues2.net

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
Called 'em a little while ago. http://www.mrcuesii.net/ One Pocket tournament is $20, warmup at 7PM, start at 8:30 PM.

Table time in the evening is $10 per hour for 2 players.

Looking forward to it!

Flex

P.S. It'll be my first time there, in Atlanta, shootin' some pool. I love this stuff. Wish me good luck in the tournament.

ScottW said:
The tables they run tournaments on are pretty tight, I've rattled countless balls on those corners.

If the one-pocket tournament is run about the same as others, expect a $20 fee.

You found Cue's website - I'd just call'em and ask what the fees are. They vary based on day/time of day.

I don't hang out there myself usually so I couldn't tell you when the good times are to show up.

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
Flex said:
Called 'em a little while ago. http://www.mrcuesii.net/ One Pocket tournament is $20, warmup at 7PM, start at 8:30 PM.

Table time in the evening is $10 per hour for 2 players.

Looking forward to it!

Flex

P.S. It'll be my first time there, in Atlanta, shootin' some pool. I love this stuff. Wish me good luck in the tournament.

I think I am gonna make the trek to Mr. Cues tonight for the tourney. Should be a fun time.

Southpaw

socks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow, new website. alot nicer and less cluttered than thier old one. good luck in the tourny.