Brackets Incorrectly Set Up At US Open?

fast&loose designs

Chris Santana
Silver Member
I have heard from a few sources that the brackets at the US Open are split into 2 128 brackets instead of a single 256? I'm not there so I can't confirm but if that's true the flow of losers to the 1 loss side won't cross over properly as they'll stay on the board they were written in on. Anyone there that can confirm?

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I saw SVB scheduled to play Nick Vandenberg yesterday, after losing to him earlier. Today, I see his match moved to another point on the bracket.

Charlie

CueSCore

Founder of CueScore
Yes, we can confirm it's a bracket based on 2x128, not a 256 with the full crossing.
We made a special setup for this to make sure the livescore service corresponds with the organizers setup.
The livescore service uses a tablet pr table, updated by the players themselves.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many players left from Winner and B side?

I think down to 16 from winner's side at the start of Wednesday?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They start Wed with 16 on winners and 64 on losers so total 80
By end of Wed they will halve it to 40 only i.e. 12 on winners and 28 on losers

fast&loose designs

Chris Santana
Silver Member
Yes, we can confirm it's a bracket based on 2x128, not a 256 with the full crossing.
We made a special setup for this to make sure the livescore service corresponds with the organizers setup.
The livescore service uses a tablet pr table, updated by the players themselves.

Thanks for the confirmation. So then why did they decide to split the board up? They are basically running 2 different tournaments in this way with the winner of tournament 1 playing winner of tournament 2.