12 foot Gold Crown - snooker cushions

MKEDon

Registered
Hello All!

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I can't thank you guys enough for the incredible resource you've created here, and I'm glad to finally be an official part of it.

Myself and a couple of buddies are currently in the throws of setting up a 12 foot BGC snooker table, and are getting to the point where we'll be surpassing our expertise. I'm dropping in here in hopes of either:

1. finding someone in the Milwaukee / Chicago area to replace the cushion rubber / get the pocket dimensions perfect

2. shipping the rails to have the work done if that's an option

3. Chatting with some of the more experienced folks here to figure out how to do the work ourselves. We're just a bunch of dudes with different skill sets, but are all interested in learning and open to guidance.

We already have two 100 year old Brunswick 10 footers set up that we've reconditioned and restored to some degree, so we have some basic installation skills, but they're not perfect by any means. This one is a really sweet table and we'd love to have it playing at the level as it deserves to be. We're currently (painstakingly) stripping the old adhesive, and already have the new Northern Rubber L77 on hand. We've got a local mechanic coming in to recover - install the rails, and new 6811 cloth.

Anyone interested in jumping in on this conversation?

Happy Holidays
Don

PS- I chatted a bit with the "Midwest's Best" mechanic JC a while back and he was on board with the install. Super awesome guy, but his schedule got jammed up and a trip to Milwaukee hasn't been able work out yet.

Attachments

• IMG_3636.jpg
    IMG_3636.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_3597.jpg
    IMG_3597.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I apologize that I have no set up info for you but since I am only 45 minutes north of Milwaukee I would be interested in trying the table out for you to make sure it plays up to par. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
I apologize that I have no set up info for you but since I am only 45 minutes north of Milwaukee I would be interested in trying the table out for you to make sure it plays up to par. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You sir.....are one hell of a nice guy :thumbup:

MKEDon

Registered
fastone...you're definitely welcome to stop down sometime once we get it set up. We've got 6 guys in our little "club", and it seems like someone is always up for a game. Feel free to shoot me a number to stay in contact, or email me at tanagersw@gmail.com.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Hallelujah. Looks like Jermey has an small opening in his schedule after all. Should have everything up and running in a month or so.

Give me a shout if you make it down to the neighborhood.

Great, Im glad it worked out for you. RKC referred me to Jeremy, I am happy with his work and he got the rails done quickly. I think he only had mine for a week.