Steve Klein Custom Cue

dilan_thomas

Steve Klein Custom Cue or TX cuemaker

Hello Everyone,

I have been lurking about for awhile and decided to ask for your expert opinions. I live in Tx and am meeting with Steve Klein. I wanted your opinions on his cues. I just want something simple that hits well. Any information is appreciated.

Last edited:

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have a klein fancy sneaky pete i use on occasion. Id say the hit is fairly stiff, but to me that cue feels dead. He uses a 3/8 10 screw ( i think thats what it is) and then the shaft has a phenolic or some other type of material (not metal) insert. Doesnt seem to be a bad cue, overall quality seems good, but to me it doesnt feel that great to be honest, although to be fair im not a fan of that type of joint, i like a piloted 5/16 14 usually.

dilan_thomas

Thank you for the response

I am going to test hit, and see what I think. I am not a cue expert, but the joint description on the web page seemed odd. Maybe I'll just get a Pechauer and be done with it. The searching for "the perfect cue" is starting to drive me nuts.

Is there another cuemaker you would recommend. I would like to stay with someone within an hour of the metroplex. I have heard that Jerico cues are well made and have a good hit??? I also really like the ones on Arnots webpage. He said that I could play with it for 72 hours and return it. I would feel horrible if I did that. I just want to hit the thing see if I like it, and then buy it. Geez that sounds simple !!!!!!!

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol i have no idea whos in your area......im in virginia. Ive hear praise for the jerico jumpbreak cue......but i heard the overall finish leaved a little to be desired. Im no cue expert either. I just bought a schon to play with until my cue gets built (on the list for a hercek). Hey go hit them and just see what you think.....these guys understand if u dont buy it, its part of biddness.