For Sale 2 McDaniel Southwest style joint shafts with butt JP cheap

master9baller

Banned
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I recently purchased a McDaniel cue that's getting a complete refinish. The joint collar needs replacement and therefore I am changing the joint type to Uniloc quick release as all my playing shafts are that thread type.

I have two 8-10 year old McDaniel 3/8 x 11 thread "Southwest style joint" shafts for sale. They both have the standard thin silver ring. Plus a McDaniel butt joint protector with the "c over M" logo that fits the 3/8 x 11 Southwest thread pin. The female threads in the shafts are into black phenolic, not threaded wood. Bill McDaniel usually used a standard 3/8 x 10 joint, occassionally using this type of 3/8 x 11 SW joint.

Shaft #1 is standard 29 inches, perfectly smooth, PERFECTLY straight, a full 13 mm at the tip, with the original McDaniel non-layered tip and LBM ferrule. The shaft has minor bluing, but is in very good condition.

Shaft #2 is a standard 29 inches, perfectly smooth, with a SIGNIFICANT taper roll, a full 13 mm at the tip, with the original McDaniel non-layered tip and LBM ferrule. The shaft has some bluing. When rolled on the pool table the taper hits the table, but it never causes the tip or furrule to leave the surface of the table. Certainly playble, and could be straightened to some degree. I've straightened many shafts with steam and a bit of elbow grease, it can be done on non laminated shafts.

Shafts no longer for sale, decided to keep them and replace with the southwest joint
Pretty firm on these prices, basically giving them away as it is.

Attachments

• McD SW 1.jpg
    McD SW 1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 596
  • McD SW 2.jpg
    McD SW 2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 591
  • McD SW 3.jpg
    McD SW 3.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 585
  • McD SW 4.jpg
    McD SW 4.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:

master9baller

Banned
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Bump

These shafts are priced to move, a great deal. As above the one shaft is perfect, the second has a notable wobble, but is still playable.

I have an offer on the table shipping to Croatia. I will ship anywhere in the world, but the buyer will have to pay additional shipping costs.

The shafts are still available as it stands, he who pays first gets them. That's the only way to sell them.

master9baller

Banned
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Collar widths

I had a buyer inquire about collar widths. They are the same width, 0.835-0.840 each. I don't have the ultra precise calipers for measuring, but may picjk some up soon.

These should be sold by tomorrow, so if you want them, get ahold of me asap.

master9baller

Banned
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
2 McDaniel shafts

1st shaft is perfect, worth $150 delivered by itself
2nd shaft has a significant wobble, but playable, can be straightened with steam and working it out.
Butt JP with McDaniel logo included.

All Southwest 3/8 x 11 threaded.

master9baller

Banned
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I believe the thread is just like a SW

I believe the thread is just like a SW, 3/8 x 11, may be mistaken. Dan Dishaw is refinishing this cue for me and he agrees that this is the thread type. McDaniel typically used 3/8 x 14 piloted. This SW flat faced joint type is much rarer for him.

I am going to keep these shafts anyway. I will be completely refinishing this cue with Dan Dishaw. I had originally thought of changing it to uniloc quick release and keeping it for myself as I have several uniloc predator player shafts that I use. Instead I will be selling this cue, totally refinished, with the original shafts and original joint style. The ivory joint will be redone, with a similiar black leather wrap as in the photos attached.

I was able to straighten out the warp in the second shaft very well with steam and elbow grease, it can be done, it's wood after all. In fact it's really dead nuts straight now.

The cue is a few weeks away from being refinished, but when it's done it will be perfect. A one of a kind McDaniel Gambler cue, maybe the only gambler cue he ever made. I know of no other, I will research that a bit in the coming weeks. Not sure of my asking price yet, but it will be reasonable. Ebony cue with 4 genuine ivory points, ivory joint, malachite card suits in the points and the butt handle. Between each point and repeated at the butt there are sterling silver rings with ivory dots and a line of sterling silver between in a "barbell pattern". Above and below the wrap are bands of sterling silver filagree that really add the class factor to this cue.

Again this cue isn't redone yet, but just a few weeks away from being completed. I will list it in a seperate thread when it's ready, but if interested it's never too soon to PM me about it. Better pictures to come once it's redone, it should be very impressive.

Attachments

• Mcdaniel Gambler 1.jpg
    Mcdaniel Gambler 1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 231
  • McDaniel Gambler 2.jpg
    McDaniel Gambler 2.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

master9baller

Banned
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Ralf

Okay so there are at least 2 then. Pretty sure Ringmaster and I don't play well together in the sandbox!! My only red rep from him. Oh well, I'd love to see photos of it anyway.

Ralf, sad day today:confused: The Lazy Z cue shipped to China this afternoon. I would have loved for you to have it. If I ever find another one in pink ivory it's your's:D.

Last edited: