Tuscon family attorney help!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The custody battle isn't between my son and his ..girlfriend (not married) it's between my son and the state of Arizona for custody rights. She has given up all her rights to custody to the state.

Thanks to all that replied,
Bill Incardona

Well if you son wants to be responsible for, feeding, clothing, educating, providing healthcare, etc. All the things a father take care of for his son. I would assume the State of Arizona would be smiling, to have one less child to be watched over by CPS, or what ever it is called now. Plus the boy would not be in a foster home, with the state paying for that.

Wish you, and your son good luck getting your grandson back to his father.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like an innocent question and response boogey. Not sure why you got riled up, no need for explanation either.

Seems like you may have got burned in a family situation, for that I am sorry.

Best.

No, pocket, no grudges here from previous "burn[ing] in a family situation."
If you know my posts, I present things in an honest way, without any vitriol.

Yes, the question was indeed innocent, I agree wholeheartedly.
It's the subsequent threads that are not.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Generally, I agree you are correct in that info should not be put out there prematurely.

So what if she knows he's getting a lawyer? Like I said, he isn't going to keep that private very long.

And the thought that she might jump on th better atty first is just silly. There are at least 9 good lawyers in Tucson :rolleyes: and the case will likely be decided either on its merits, or an insider deal between the opposing counsels. probably a combination of those 2, really.

Reads to me like you may be letting your own experience predetermine another's experience.

Black-balled, the issue here is not whether he is getting a lawyer.
He would be remiss if he did NOT get a lawyer.
That wasn't the point of discussion above.
The issue here is WHO that lawyer might be by virtue of recommending certain names in a public forum,
when this information was requested in a private response.

If that doesn't make sense then I give up.

Yes, this is coming from my own experience—you got it.
I am in the legal field, my friend. I know about this stuff.
We have so much litigation in this country because people make wrong choices all the time.
Like running red lights, breaching contracts, and (maybe relevant here) having children when they're not ready.

People are truly careless and stupid animals!

Last edited: