Break tips on black tomahawk

mr.vmax

Tim's Cues And Supplies
Silver Member
I'm having problems with break tips staying on a carbon fiber shaft made with the black tomahawk ferrule. tried gel and thin glues, cleaning with alcohol and even install the tip on a pad, tip stayed but pad came off.
any solutions or tips?
thanks in advance

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I use Tomahawk all the time for ferrules and have no problem with good quality CA gluing tips and break tips.
There is nothing significant about the shaft material in this scenario.
What kind of break tip and what kind of glue are you trying to use?
Gary

mr.vmax

Tim's Cues And Supplies
Silver Member
i've tried white diam. samsara, and even a clear pad or fiber pad was not sure if there was something in the black tomahawk, i have no problem with the leather tips. just the phenolic and other materials
glues are loctite prof. and also ultra gel, last nite i used epoxy to sit over nite we will try tonight

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i've tried white diam. samsara, and even a clear pad or fiber pad was not sure if there was something in the black tomahawk, i have no problem with the leather tips. just the phenolic and other materials
glues are loctite prof. and also ultra gel, last nite i used epoxy to sit over nite we will try tonight

Gorilla glue makes an epoxy, that is water activated. You lightly damp the face of the ferrule, and then glue the tip on, and leave it sit about 1hour. I put a hammerhead break tip on my J&J shaft. You couldn't pull the damn thing off with pliers. :eek: :)

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had two reports (Mr Vmax, I don't know if you were one of them) of break tips not staying on black Tomahawk capped ferrules. It is only the black and only breakers. These days I am mentioning this to purchasers any time black ferrule material is purchased.

I have a new supply of black ferrule material. Maybe that will make a difference. Mr. VMax, if you send me a message or email I would be happy to send you a piece from the new material to see if you have any change in luck.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gorilla glue makes an epoxy, that is water activated. You lightly damp the face of the ferrule, and then glue the tip on,
and leave it sit about 1hour. I put a hammerhead break tip on my J&J shaft.
You couldn't pull the damn thing off with pliers. :eek: :)

yOU kNOW, MY WIFE READS THE FORUM, PLEASE DONT GIVE HER ANY IDEA'S :grin-square:

Further: I use Tomahawk black for collars, "No Crush".
(just sayin')

Last edited:

mr.vmax

Tim's Cues And Supplies
Silver Member
I have had two reports (Mr Vmax, I don't know if you were one of them) of break tips not staying on black Tomahawk capped ferrules. It is only the black and only breakers. These days I am mentioning this to purchasers any time black ferrule material is purchased.

I have a new supply of black ferrule material. Maybe that will make a difference. Mr. VMax, if you send me a message or email I would be happy to send you a piece from the new material to see if you have any change in luck.

Yes Kelly same due?