Advice on buying next cue

cardit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,

I'm considering buying a Predator Ikon 8. Having played with a P2 for the past 3 years should I expect much difference in 'feel' between the two cues? 314-2 on each. Any negative/positive thoughts about the Ikon?

I also looked at a mint 1999-5 with a 314 shaft with the thought of changing out the shaft to a -2.

Ikon 8 or the 1999-5? Those are my contenders for purchase. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

TheThaiger

Banned
Hi all,

I'm considering buying a Predator Ikon 8. Having played with a P2 for the past 3 years should I expect much difference in 'feel' between the two cues? 314-2 on each. Any negative/positive thoughts about the Ikon?

I also looked at a mint 1999-5 with a 314 shaft with the thought of changing out the shaft to a -2.

Ikon 8 or the 1999-5? Those are my contenders for purchase. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

I've just bought an Ikon 8, and it plays great. It's got a bit of a softer hit than my mate's Blak, so is more suited for touch players, I think. I bought it from a pro who has retired, and it suited his style of play wonderfully.

But what I really wanted to say was how nice this cue looks. I usually don't care about how a cue looks - and am not a fan of Predator designs generally - but the cue looks fantastic - much better than the pics on a website. I could do without the diamonds on the forearm but the rest is stunning, including the curly maple, which I'd never seen before.

cardit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the feedback. The Ikon 8 has the same curly maple as my P2, and it is very well figured.

Does anyone have thoughts about buying the 1999 predator as opposed to a newer one?

TheThaiger

Banned
Thanks for the feedback. The Ikon 8 has the same curly maple as my P2, and it is very well figured.

Does anyone have thoughts about buying the 1999 predator as opposed to a newer one?

why are you replacing the P2 BTW? I can't see either of the cues you're after being that much different tbh.

cardit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not replacing the P2; I like it a lot. I was looking at buying a second shaft for it then came full circle deciding I'd just buy a second cue. I -need to re-wrap or re-press the linen on the P2 and maybe refinish it to remove a few chips. This way I'd be able to send it away and still have a familiar feeling cue to play with.

That's my thought process.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The old school 314 shafts were the the best performers and longevity for the ferrules!